Getting Ready For My New Life

Lovely_Caprice
on 7/10/16 5:28 pm

I am getting my WLS on 9 September and starting Otifast on 19 August.  My question is - in the meantime would it make sense to start this process like focusing on getting proper nutrition, ie. proteins etc.  and losing a few pounds ahead?  I am so looking forward to starting my journey.

I know I will be losing weight on Optifast and I just though why not start now and try to eat right and lose a bit of additional weight.

breuxo
on 7/10/16 7:17 pm

they didn't require you to change how you eat already? I don't have a date yet but I'm required to eat better and foliow rules 

lexxiblue
on 7/11/16 2:58 am
RNY on 01/11/12

what centre are you going thru?? in the past i believe we all had to watch what we're eating to "prepare" ourselves for our new lives? i'm surprised too that you weren't already told this??? i know someone going thru the process now and she's met with the nurse and dietitian and he's been told NOW to star****ching was he's eating.. good luck!

roxytrim
on 7/11/16 3:35 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Absolutely Lovely...great idea to get your head and body fully in the game.  It's not only about dropping some pounds but developing new habits so post surgery won't be such a shock.  Things like dropping alcohol, chewing each bite 15-20 times, tracking everything you put in your mouth - to a max. amount of calories of about 1700, eating protien forward (60-70gms) and drinking at least 8 glasses of H2O daily start you on your new path.  Keep yourself busy, get moving for your physical health for a stronger recovery.

Good luck with this part of your journey.

Leslie W.
on 7/11/16 7:01 am - Cobourg, Canada

Definitely watch what you eat. No junk food, no pop, no caffeine. Much easier to detox now then when on opti. Follow food guide.. no drinking with meals, no straw. All will help with post-op

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active