I'm back...hello to all....

steff1970
on 1/6/16 12:04 pm - cambridge , Canada
RNY on 07/09/12

First I want to say that I apologize to everyone especially myself for not being on here for any help I can use or possibly give.  I had RNY in Guelph July 9,2012 with the amazing Dr. Reed...that man literally saved my life....many times I might add.....I have had my share of complications and not all necessarily as a result of my RNY...I will start by saying I NEED HELP.....after my RNY I had a leak which caused me to need blood transfusions pretty much after every surgery I need extra blood....before my surgery I was on diabetic medicine .....medicine for high blood pressure....I had PCOS and a whole host of other problems.....I had a colostomy when I got my RNY done that I had since January 2010...Dr.Reed reversed that for me in September of 2013 and I thought it was going to be fantastic....NOT....I ended up in the hospital with 3 hernia repairs at different times al of which were repaired....in February 2015 I landed in emergency with a necrotic colon and I was dying with the infection travelling through my body...I landed in the hands of Dr.Roth-Albin whom saved my life....literally... I was in ICU for a day then put up on the floor..I now have an Ileostomy due to the complete removal of my colon.....once on the floor in my room I had a young nurse who thought it would be a good idea to put my bag on while i'm laying in bed...wrong....that's when she popped all the infection that was left inside....that the doctor couldn't remove due to severe scar tissue....I have so much more to tell but I'm running long so anything you all want to  know please ask....I been reading alot lately looking for some common stories with mine...take care all

REFFERAL.....APRIL 2010    ORIENTATION.....JULY 14, 2011       SURGERY.....JULY 9, 2012                            

Patm
on 1/6/16 2:08 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome back. I doubt anyone would have the same story as you. You have been through a lot. I hope you now heal and can enjoy your health

Monica9811
on 1/7/16 7:10 am - Peterborough, Canada

Wow you have been through a lot!  I hope things only get better for you from here on out. All the best!

Most Active