Stomach scope

eeyorelover
on 1/18/15 10:31 pm - Canada

I am pre-op and had a stomach scope done last week. They found I have mild to moderate gastritis and they did some biopsies. I will get those results the beginning of February. Will this make my journey longer? Would I be considered not a good candidate now? Thanks.

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/15 10:39 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I had gastritis and it didn't delay anything.  It's just inflammation and could be caused from taking something as simple as Advil.  The biopsies will decide if there is more to be done, mine came back normal.

eeyorelover
on 1/18/15 10:44 pm - Canada

Thank you. Hoping everything comes back normal. You have put my mind at ease.

Carchick28
on 1/18/15 11:10 pm - Canada

Can I ask why they tested you for this, did you have some kind of symptoms? 

Dreamy74
on 1/18/15 11:18 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi eeyore I had this too - an endoscopy on November 27th at TWH, and my surgery was just scheduled for February 4th so no delays at all for me.  Biopsy result came a few weeks later and showed nothing remarkable.

I was prescribed Tecta for 30 days to clear it up.

The reason they did an endoscopy for me - the nurse practitioner requested it - as I have had an ulcer in the past.

Hope this helps!

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

eeyorelover
on 1/19/15 3:28 am - Canada

I have GERD and take ranitidine and sulcrafate(?) daily and back in the fall I started having more symptoms with pain. Was put on Tecta for 30 days and it helped some but did not clear up all symptoms so we did the scope.  So I am just nervous that this will slow the process down. Thanks.

Dreamy74
on 1/19/15 3:52 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi again eeyore,

The doctor said to me after the scope "you have evidence of GERD" and to take the Tecta.  All he said after that was because of the GERD, I would not be a good candidate for the VSG and that Roux-en-Y would be the recommended surgery, which they were going to do anyway as I had no other complications barring me from Roux-en-Y.  I know it's easy for me to say, but try not to worry.  If you are really worried maybe you could give your Centre a call and ask a nurse practitioner?  What Centre are you at?  I am at TWH.

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

eeyorelover
on 1/19/15 11:08 pm - Canada

Thank you!

Most Active