Started opti yesterday... any tips?

Nikki101
on 1/19/15 9:25 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Started my 2 weeks of optifast yesterday.... not feeling so great. Don't mind the chocolate, not a fan of the vanilla.

Any tips to get through the next 2 weeks? 

Surgery Feb. 2nd.

Catw
on 1/19/15 9:30 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Schedule your day.  Take a look at your waking hours and divide it into 5 so you get your 4 shakes in.  Drink lots of water in between.  If you are allowed anything besides Opti (some allow broth, some specific veggies) use them.  Make sure your shakes are really cold.  If you have a blender, use ice, if not use water from the fridge.

You can add stuff to Opti, check out the "Surviving Opti" thread in the Recipes forum (http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/discussion/) it gives you ideas on how to change up Opti.

Just keep your eye on the prize, and remember, it's only 2 weeks of your life which is not much time, and it's worth doing.  It'll be over before you know it.

Cathy

Nikki101
on 1/19/15 9:37 pm, edited 1/19/15 9:37 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I haven't been able to figure out the recipes page. ... all I see is "welcome"...no recipies. I've been feeling pretty nauseous yesterday and bad this morning.

It's going to be difficult when I go back to work tomorrow. 

Catw
on 1/19/15 9:41 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Click on the link I gave you, if it doesn't work, you may have to ask to Join the page.  Once accepted you can see the recipes.

I know that some put in decalf instant coffee or mix with cold decalf coffee, some add a tbsp. of cocoa to vanilla to make chocolate.  Some put in crystal light to vanilla for a creamsicle taste.  And some put in some SF syrups to change the flavors.  You can also use baking extracts. 

I never did any of this (didn't know I could) but drank all chocolate for my almost 3 weeks.

Nikki101
on 1/20/15 2:26 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Finally figured out the recipies... I just searched... there was no join button when I pulled up that page. Thanks for the help though!

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/15 9:58 pm

Hey Nikki, I started yesterday too.  My surgery date is Feb 2nd as well!!!  We are surgery buddies.  Where is your surgery scheduled?

Re/ Opti, this morning i had the vanilla with a scoop of coffee whipped with ice, totally delicious.  You can get the flavour extracts from any grocery store to add to the shakes as well (peppermint, caramel etc.). 

My problem is I have a horrible headache.  Anyone else experience headaches?

Rose

Nikki101
on 1/19/15 11:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Toronto western.

I had a huge headache all night and today as well. Been driving me crazy and have no Tylenol even to help with it. I did buy extracts to add to it. So far tried banana and maple ones.. banana was okay..

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/15 11:48 pm

Hey Nikki we're sugery buddies.  Im at TWH scheduled for 11AM.  Fun times ahead of us.  We'll get through this.  One shake at a time. lol

Nikki101
on 1/19/15 11:52 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Working on it.. and the 8 cups of fluids....  awesome to know someone will be there the same time as me. I have my preop appointment  tomorrow.

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/15 12:03 am

I had mine yesterday. I was there from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM.  Long day..

Most Active