My 600lb Life- Penny

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/15 10:14 am, edited 1/21/15 10:21 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

WOW! I have never seen this episode last season. Its heartbreaking for me to see someone fail the surgery…  I'm not sure of all of what she did, or did not do, because again, I didn't see that first episode, but the few clips of the "where are they now" that have been shown, look as though she never did try at all. And I cannot believe her husband does all that couponing, and grocery shopping for her.  I don't really know who I feel more sorry for in that pair.

As much as I do not understand how someone could go through WLS, and just give up, my heart breaks for someone who is so clearly sick, they'd be that lost. It also frightens me, because ultimately that is my biggest fear. Failing.

I KNOW I am going to succeed, this was my last hope. I am only half way to goal, and already feel as though my quality of life has improved greatly, but still, there is always that little tiny bit of fear there. That passing thought of 'what if you end up back where you were'  Maybe that's healthy to have, I'm not sure. Maybe it helps keep me in check… 

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/15 9:08 pm

Jennifer I'd like to share something I have learned throughout my 47 years is ALWAYS no matter how scared, discouraged, fearful or empty you might feel ALWAYS encourage yourself to believe and never think that anything will fail... not even for one moment.  I believe that whatever we put into the universe will manifest and we have that choice.  YOU have done amazing so far and never for a moment think that "what if"... delete the "doubts" from your mind as soon as you see or hear something negative change your thought.  Pivot in another direction.

This is why I never watch anything too deep on television... I keep it on the Kardashians!  Laughter gauranteed.. lol

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/15 9:33 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Lol, oh I watch my fair share of those shows too 

good tips, I think it may be only natural to have those moments of 'what if' but you're right, pivot in another direction, and be positive. It's such a mental journey, everyday I'm learning, changing, getting better.

Thank you, and I hope you're doing well xo 

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/15 9:45 pm

I totally get that every day is a struggle!  I talk to myself constantly convincing myself that "this too shall pass".  I'm doing great.  Day 4 of opti fast and looking forward to the 2nd.  xoxoxo

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/15 9:49 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

10 days!!!!  Soon soon!!! 

Loaf
on 1/22/15 12:54 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

Oh Penny.

I did get to see the original Episode last year.  Sadly this woman is very mentally ill.  She has convinced herself that she is doing great.  She uses every excuse to remain bed ridden.  Regardless of  how much damage you have done to your body through years of over eating and being stuck in a bed.  you have no choice but to loose weight with a RNY.   especially at her size.  600Lbs.  that's about 5500 Calories a day just to live.    so eating 600, she should loose 15 lbs a week for the first *****ave seen Episodes where people that the Dr. puts in the hospital loose 45 lbs a week for the couple of weeks, simply by moving and eating the prescribed  diet)

The sad part is that this is perfect example of how somebody can eat past the tool that they have been given.  we all know that we cannot Drink our calories. or eat every 2 hours.   I personally like seeing results like this.  It reminds me that this is a tool and not a quick fix. We have to do the work.    I Know that i could easily pack a box of Melba toast and a tub of Cream Cheese past Steve over the course of a few hours. Thankfully i choose not to.

My wife and i where discussing Penny.  And like all  of us. She can eat every two hours.  and if you choose bad choices, you can easy rack up 5-6k calories a day if you are eating fried foods and slugging back Juice or High test Pop.  I am sure what you are seeing on the show (Her eating) is not a true representation of her lifestyle.  

Not to sound to Morbid.  but i was hoping for a  "Sadly Penny Passed away"  message at the end of the show.  only for the Kid.  Her husband is to long gone.   But she is one of those people that will live for a long time bed ridden. 

HFA70
on 1/22/15 7:03 am

I saw the original episode and last nights also.  Penny didn't have RNY, that's what the dr. was going to do initially, but ended up having to do the sleeve.

Her head was definitely not in the game, I'm surprised the dr. did the surgery on her in the first place.  If I recall, she didn't lose any weight in the hospital prior to it.

She had said in last night's episode she was using diet sprite in her cereal in the hospital instead of the milk.

The woman has to have some mental illness, but stubborn as a mule too!

RYMEBE73
on 1/22/15 10:32 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

I actually posted about tihs on the facebook guelph group....how upset I got that she was sitting there not getting or wanting to get what people were telling her she NEEDED to do in order to be healthier...when she commented that she kept her promise to her son to go out for Halloween with him...really??? you were happy that your husband had to push you around in a wheelchair while you barked at him constantly??? you think that was the promise your son was looking for???  And don't even get me started on her excuses with the therapist!  I too was expecting there to be a note at the end of the episode that she had passed...

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Most Active