Just finished my first appointment with the dietitian (group newbie too!)

suzygreenberg
on 1/21/15 6:59 am - Canada

Hi all,

I heard about this group from a friend who is 4 years post-op, and I thought it would be a good place to start since I just completed my first visit with the dietitian, so hello! 

I've been told since I'm young and healthy, I can speed through the process and have the procedure done in April - which was a huge shock at the time and even more so now.  How did you all prepare for the surgery?  I feel like it being only two months away is too quick for me and due to previous commitments I will ask to have it done over the summer.  With it coming so quickly, I feel like I have an ongoing list of restaurants I need to go to (to enjoy fully one last time) already and need to mentally prepare myself.  

I'm so grateful for any of your suggestions and I look  forward to speaking to you all throughout the journey.  

Thanks! 

Jiliana2
on 1/21/15 9:37 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Just wanted to welcome you to the forums!

My only suggestion is read, read, read. There's so much information in this site and it will help you get to your goal if you pay attention and follow your surgeon's plan for you.

Wishing you luck!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

suzygreenberg
on 1/22/15 8:10 am - Canada

Thanks Jiliana! 

Most Active