New Here!

new_me2015
on 1/20/15 12:42 am - Windsor, Canada

Hi everyone! I am new here and after lurking on the boards decided to join. I have had a very up and down battle with weight loss and gain for most of my life, I have tried every diet that is out there and the most I would lose was 15-20lbs, but would always put the weight back on as fast as I would lose it. Last Year I was diagnosed with PCOS after a year of having hormone issues. After a discussion with my Endocrinologist about my options for weight loss he suggested WLS, so today I took my first step in my weight loss journey to a better me, I went to my family doctor and asked for a referral for WLS.

Catw
on 1/20/15 1:45 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome to the board and Congrats on making the first step!  As you have seen, there is a lot of information and support available here.

First tip, give it a week or two and call the Bariatric Registry to make sure that they have your file.  It has been known to get misplaced at times, and better to follow up then and do what needs to be done.

Cathy

Loaf
on 1/20/15 2:25 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

in addition to,

Some of the things you can do in advance through your GP to speed up the process.

Have a Sleep Study done and and endoscope

You will need these things done before sugary.  So get them done on your own time and do not wait for the hospital to book them.,

Shaved about 3/4 months off my process. 

softballqueen89
on 1/20/15 2:33 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

Welcome, you have come to the right place!!
The folks on this board are so incredibly insightful and supportive.
Enjoy the journey, it's great!

T.

Referral: 08.13.14  Orient (TWH): 11.05.14  Social: 11.27.14  Nurse Prac: 12.10.14  Psych: 01.12.15 Nutrition Class: 11.18.14  Scope: 01.06.15  Dietician: 12.12.14  Meet Surgeon: 02.06.15  Pre-Op Testing: 02.18.15  SURGERY DATE: 02.24.15 (Dr. Okrainec)    

Patm
on 1/20/15 3:24 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck and welcome. Use theboard to researchand it will help you when the time comes.

new_me2015
on 1/20/15 9:11 am - Windsor, Canada

Thanks everyone for the wonderful info and suggestions. I will be going through the Windsor Clinic. Is there anyone who has gone through them or are in the process of going through them. I am just trying to some what of a time line of the process.

melshorty
on 1/20/15 9:59 am - london, Canada

I'm going through the windsor clinic. It took about 3 months from the referral being sent in to my orientation.  I have an appt with the nurse for initial consultation on February 10th.  Hope that helps!

Most Active