3rd day into OPTI

Cant-wait14
on 1/17/15 7:55 am - Canada

Ok I have to be honest. I was dreading the OPTI experience. Was worried about the taste, texture and how boring having his was going to be.

The first shake, I used lots of ice, and a bit less water to accommodate for the ice. Well lets just say that my stomach did not react very favourable to this very cold drink first thing in the morning and I felt nauseous. Then lunch time came around and I had to have another shake and mixed this while in my car with cold water. Quite by accident I did not add as much water as called for and I found the Opti this time to be tolerable actually, it didn't taste so bad.

So here I am munching on some cucumbers and having my shakes... and being somewhat bored with it already ...lol especially since my family is eating all their regular food - I have 2 teens at home..sigh

I know I can do this....just not going to be much fun!! lol

Carmela V.
on 1/17/15 8:28 am - Whitby, Canada
RNY on 01/30/15

Cant-wait14 -  it does get a little better.  I am struggling with dinner, I started off having a salad with vinegar and by the second day I was so turned off.  So, then I tried with lemon juice 1st day it wasn't so bad but, then day 2 I had three bites and was so turned off.  So I have no idea what else I can put in this salad to make it taste better.  11 days of opti left. 

Referral sent Mar. 28, 2014, Orientation July 10, 2014, Surgeon Consultation Sept. 12, 2014, Internist Dr. Glazier Oct. 6, 2014, Sleep Test Oct.17, 2014,  RD Nov. 24, 2014, SW Nov. 24, 2014, RN Nov. 24, 2014, Dr. Sohi (2nd appt.) Dec. 2, 2014, Dr. Glazier (2nd Appt.) Dec. 16, 2014, Surgery day  - HRRH Jan. 30, 2015. HW 309, Opti Starting Weight 305, SW 288, Operating Surgeon Dr. Starr

W8_No_More
on 1/17/15 1:16 pm - Kitchener, Canada

I am just at the end of day 12 with 9 more to go and I'm not allowed to have anything solid at all... Only the shakes, water, decaf coffee and one cup of broth a day. Cucumbers and salad sound really good to me right now. ☺️ I also have a husband, 2 teens and an older daughter and her two children eating in the house so I know how tough it can be. I'm getting creative with different flavourings to make it a bit more interesting. I find it's a lot of mind over matter and I will just appreciate actual food more when I can start eating again! Hang in there! You're not alone. 😋

Dr Referral Jan/14, Guelph Orientation Feb 27/14, Nurse, Nut, SW app't Mar 14 & June 16/14, Nut, SW Aug 26/14, Internist Dr. Agarwal app't Sept 15/14, Surgeon App't Dr. Bhojani Dec 11/14, Start 3 weeks Opti Jan 6/15, Surgery Jan 27/15. Eating to live...Not living to eat!

Dreamy74
on 1/17/15 7:10 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

I just started Opti this friday having to start it right away due to a fast approaching surgery (Feb 4th). I am feeling like the 4th opti is torture, I have a terrible headache and bad breath. I am going to try some sugar free jello later on this morning. I have zero appetite though and even sat with my friends who were eating pizza. I amazed myself that I could do that and not be bothered. Lol

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Hollynik
on 1/18/15 3:26 am - Canada

When I was on opti I was allowed broccoli so if that is still allowed this is what I did..After a week on sweet shakes I needed something savoury so I cooked broccoli in chicken broth and pureed it like broccoli soup minus the cream and cheese.  I seasoned it and ate it with a spoon just like I was having a bowl of soup.  You could always try making a soup with whatever vegetables you are allowed for a change especially during this cold weather.

I also was never able to get in all 4 opti shakes each day and I only ate the broth every few days when I needed something not so sweet.  Good luck to you your time will be here very soon.

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/15 10:10 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I drank mine hot with decaf pretty much the entire two weeks i was on it. Good luck! You're close now!! You got this 

Most Active