rny revision

iceprincess1
on 1/19/15 7:38 am

Sorry for ignoring you earlier Karen. To answer your question, I had RNY surgery in 2010.

Karen M.
on 1/20/15 7:14 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Without any background information I'll offer the following:

1. Assuming you had RNY in Ontario in 2010 - if you haven't done so already, get in touch asap with your bariatric centre for follow-up. There are professionals there to help you (dietician, psych/social work, surgeon).

2. Weigh yourself so you have a clear picture of where you're at.

3. Go "back to basics" - weigh and measure every single bite of food you put in your mouth, protein first always (75 grams per day minimum), cut out the carbs (30-40 grams per day maximum), NO refined sugar, increase your water intake.

4. Track/record your food consumption honestly into a tracking program (like myfitnesspal.com).

5. Plan your daily menu and stick to it - no bites, tastes, nibbles.

6. Post on the "what are you eating/doing today" thread for support, advice and accountability.

7. Move more.

At this stage of the game it really all comes down to what you're eating and how much of it.  With respect to the pain you mentioned in your lower abdomen/legs - I am assuming it is the weight of the excess skin/remaining weight to be lost. This is not uncommon and many of us have had the same issue resulting in the surgical removal of the panus ("apron" of skin/tissue that hangs below the pubic bone) called a panniculectomy.

A revision surgery to an existing RNY is rare and reserved for those who truly have not been able to lose sufficient weight despite commitment to following all nutritional, activity and behavioural guidelines. You've given no indication of whether you have or not.

Good luck.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

iceprincess1
on 1/21/15 12:40 am

Thanks Karen :-) 

Karen M.
on 1/18/15 6:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I don't understand your question. You already had RNY surgery? When?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

dawn4511
on 1/27/15 2:27 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
I had RNY revision in Aug with Dr Hong at St Joes in Hamilton.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

iceprincess1
on 1/27/15 3:18 pm

Wow that's amazing dawn. After going through so much, I'm glad your alive and well. You truly are a survivor. Very happy for you :-)

Most Active