rny revision

iceprincess1
on 1/17/15 2:09 am

Hi,

Is there such a thing called RNY revision in Toronto, Ontario or anywhere is Ontario if you have not lost sufficient weight?

Dreamy74
on 1/17/15 3:08 am, edited 1/17/15 3:08 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi iceprincess I don't know at all but thought I would reply to your post with some suggestions. Could you go to your family doctor and ask and if you can't or if he or she doesn't know could you call the bariatric registry to find out? I know in the US i have heard of VSGs being revised to Roux en Y and Roux en Y being reversed to duodenal switch but not sure if done in Ontario. 

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/17/15 3:45 am - Windsor, Canada

Yes but it's not given freely.  You'll need to work harder, work on your choices first and see if you are losing using your tool properly.

You'll also have to meet the same bmi requirement and jump through the same hoops as everyone else. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Jenbg
on 1/17/15 7:05 am - London, Canada

I had my stomach stapeled 22-23 years ago that wasn't effective. This past November I had a revision to rny in Hamilton Ontario by Dr. Hong at st.joes hospital.

Does that help any?

Jennifer Buckley-Golder * Hamilton, On CANADA * Revision Surgery Date: November 14, 2014 (stapeling to RNY) * down 50 lbs Jan 12, 2015 *

iceprincess1
on 1/17/15 8:32 am

Definitely appreciate the awesome insight you guys are giving me. I've lost about maybe 2-3 pounds in the past week but feel really painful around my legs and stomach because I have lots of extra weight surrounding those areas. I've checked in with my family doctor and he said I might have a sickness that might make it impossible for me to lose weight. Gonna do more tests and see what's up. But definitely looking to seek a revision but need a second opinion from a different surgeon. No doubt! 

melshorty
on 1/18/15 9:52 am - london, Canada

When I was at my orientation in windsor they said that you cannot have the rny surgery reversed.

cutekatie
on 1/18/15 10:44 am, edited 1/18/15 10:45 am
RNY on 05/16/12

You asked a similar question in the general forum a few weeks ago and didn't quite get the answers you were looking for.

Not sure why you would make up something like "I might have a sickness that might make it impossible for me to lose weight."

In any case as others have said get your family doctor to refer you to the nearest weight loss centre. They will have the answers, not us.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

iceprincess1
on 1/18/15 11:24 pm

Katie who are you to say I am making up a story? Have you seen me face to face? How dare you say something like that. Should i post up a picture of myself to show you what i am battling with? I came on here to seek answers from ppl with similar situations to mine. I was suggested this forum from my weight loss clinic. So don't u dare accuse me of false stories. 

cutekatie
on 1/19/15 6:53 am
RNY on 05/16/12

If your weight loss clinic is telling you to come here for medical advice you have bigger problems.

There is also a revisions forum in here as well - http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/ - you should check it out as it seems to be quite active at the moment.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Karen M.
on 1/19/15 7:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

Well perhaps I could offer some advice or information if you would answer the questions I asked you earlier - have you already had RNY and when?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active