For all you cold people...

InMySights
on 1/15/15 9:34 pm - Canada

I bought my husband what has now become the most awesome Christmas gift... a heated mattress protector!  I'm thinking post surgery it will become my best friend (I already love it).  I bought it from Costco.ca, it's a Sunbeam... it has separate controls so you can control either side of the bed independently from the other!  It's awesome... preheat your bed and it's like getting into warm sheets from the dryer every night.  I'm telling... it'll change your life!

Just thought I would share - with temperatures consistently below -20 in Ottawa, it's a nice thing to hop into at night!

LittleMiss2013
on 1/15/15 10:03 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I'm not kidding.....I'm SO cold....it's inhuman. I now have Raynaud's Disease and my fingers turn blue. I can't possibly put on another layer so I LOVE this post! I wish they had heated coats, robes, socks the whole 9 yards. Forget that I went down a bunch of sizes. I put my giant coat from pre-surgery OVER my current coat because I'm FREEZING, lol

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Swampy1976
on 1/16/15 12:02 am - Marmora, Canada

You can get heated socks gloves and coats in the outdoor or hunting section in canadian tire Walmart or especially Bass pro

Monica9811
on 1/16/15 12:18 am - Peterborough, Canada

I can totally relate. I went to bed last night with a tshirt, sweatshirt and a hoodie on plus pants and fluffy socks!  I did hear TSC has awesome heated jackets too.  Might have to check them out.

kimber291
on 1/17/15 10:02 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

I bought a heated mattress pad at the beginning of December  in the States and I swear it's like laying a heaven....lol. No words can describe the feeling of getting into a warm/hot bad. It's fantastic! 

Now heated socks.....I need me some of those babies!! They really do exist????

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Mary A.
on 1/21/15 3:38 am

Just wait until you hit menopause, then it will be go to bed with flannel and socks and a comforter and flannel sheet and then toss everything off two hours later, and then put back the comforter and then peel it off, back and forth.

One thing that was kind of neat when it was -35 here a couple of weeks ago, I went outside in my boots and no jacket~

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active