What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Zizzler
on 1/18/15 5:13 am

Thanks, feels pretty effing good :0)

Onward and
Downward

on 1/17/15 9:47 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Good morning Tanya and everyone!

I've been a walking machine this week, because it's been helping my arm feel better. I've had over 10,000 steps almost every day (except Thursday, when I had 8700).  Turns out I have a herniated disc in my neck, which has resulted in a pinched nerve that causes pain and numbness right to the fingertips in my right arm.  But it has improved dramatically this week. Still have the numbness all the time to varying degrees, and a bit of pain occasionally, but I can type in short spurts now (with some pain or discomfort), and my arm only hurts if I sit too long (strangely, sitting makes the numbness and pain worse because the position affects the nerve in my neck - go figure).

I haven't been doing too badly eating-wise. Still hovering at 183, which is nice, considering I had tipped above 190 at Christmas. Definitely right in my comfort zone again weight-wise.

Today, I plan to go to Costco in Downsview to see if they have the vanilla Premier Protein shakes (I will call first), and if so, I'm gonna stock up like nobody's business. Might get a chocolate one too, just for variety. I haven't bought protein shakes in months, probably close to a year. So I'm looking forward to getting some again and working them into my routine. I feel like I need to get back to basics.

2 YEARS POST-RNY

B - 1 egg on 1 slice of multigrain toast (ran out of P28, still haven't gotten more!)

S - Not sure - will probably be in Costco at that point, so probably something nibbly there. Will bring a few nuts to snack on just in case.

L - 3 leftover ribs from restaurant meal on Friday night and veggies of some sort

S - Ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with raspberries if I find some nice ones at Costco. Otherwise, some other fruit, and some slivered almonds

D - I'm taking some chicken out of the freezer, so I'll make some sort of chicken dish, served with some leftover rice from a restaurant meal last night. (Hubby will get most of the rice, I'll just have a quarter cup.)

S - Maybe a fancy protein shake coffee! :)

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

softballqueen89
on 1/18/15 12:24 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

Hi Onward, I am suffering from the same pain/numbness you are, and am still in the diagnosis stage as my doc isn't certain what is causing it yet.

Is there anything you can do/take to help?  It's driving me nuts!!!

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

T.

Referral: 08.13.14  Orient (TWH): 11.05.14  Social: 11.27.14  Nurse Prac: 12.10.14  Psych: 01.12.15 Nutrition Class: 11.18.14  Scope: 01.06.15  Dietician: 12.12.14  Meet Surgeon: 02.06.15  Pre-Op Testing: 02.18.15  SURGERY DATE: 02.24.15 (Dr. Okrainec)    

Onward and
Downward

on 1/18/15 3:22 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I was in absolute agony the week before last - to the point where I went to emergency. This was severe, debilitating pain. This past week, the pain has lessened.  The only way they got me through it was with percocets and bed rest the first week, and the second week, I've just been careful, rested when needed.

Good luck!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

birdiegirl
on 1/18/15 2:12 am, edited 1/18/15 2:12 am

Have you tried the vanilla?  I tried a carton of vanilla strawberry and really disliked it.  I forced myself to drink most of them as I hate to waste food - but to me they were ughh!

Edited to add - and I love vanilla flavor in most things!

Onward and
Downward

on 1/18/15 3:24 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I did try the vanilla once before and really liked it. It's going to be a drag if I don't like it this time! LOL. But I can always bring them back, I guess, if it turns out I don't like it. Pretty sure I will, though.  I haven't tried one yet because I wanted them to get really cold in the fridge first. Nothing more gross than lukewarm protein shakes! :)

Dreamy74
on 1/17/15 10:07 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Good Morning lovelies!

Pre op 

b one vanilla opti

s 2/3 cup low fat broth

l one chocolate opti

s 1/2 cup sugar free jello (cherry)

d one vanilla opti

before bed one vanilla opti

lots of water and 2 mugs decaff coffee somewhere in there too

going to check out TEGH on transit and take my before pictures and measurements too. 

Have a great day all!!

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

crqvingchange
on 1/17/15 10:43 pm

Good morning everyone. I am feeling recharged this morning. With only a few times wakened in the night I was able to get a total of 7 hours sleep.

Yesterday afternoon was a big day for me, I had 2 physio workers help me and with this super duper contraption (it looks like a really high walker with thick pads on top and hand breaks) I took 3 steps.    This is just the beginning folks, I am going to be a physiotherapy superstar. Time spent away from the warm pool will just invite take overs, and I rule that pool. My Aquacycle coach is such a sweetie and has been sending me texts if encouragement.   My neighbour has been dressing her dog up in different outfits and sending me pictures to make me smile. My wonderful husband is bringing lunch into the hospital so we can have a lunch date, and my swim buddy wants to bake something for me. I think I must be the luckiest woman alive to have such great people in my life. 

Michelle I am so glad you are doing better and they found out what was creating the pain. Tanya you know I'm not going to give up control of the warm pool, I have worked too hard for that. Zizzler I posted my congratulations on the other thread.

Everyone have a great day and do fun things. Remember I'm living vicariously through you for the next little while. 

Patm
on 1/17/15 10:54 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

My neighbour had a walker like that. I hope this is the beginning of your healing. Remember to not over due it

crqvingchange
on 1/17/15 10:57 pm

I can't over do it because when I'm done physio, they take that walker and put it across the room, so no practicing on my own.

Most Active