Ya baby...got my date!!!! Any Optifast tips or post op tips??

Laurie_L
on 1/14/15 9:29 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

I liked cold icey shakes, didn't mind shaking them in a shaker cup when I had to.  I purchased a cheap blender for work, walmart has ones for $17-$20.  Had access to a fridge/freezer at work so I had ice cubes to use to ensure shake was really cold.

I added the following to Chocolate;

Decaf Coffee, Banana Extract, Caramel Extract, Coconut Extract, Peppermint Extract, Orange Extract

And to Vanilla;

Pumpkin Pie Spice (my favourite), Can also add decaf coffee crystals with pumpkin pie spice, I Soaked a Chai Spice decaf tea bag in cool water then use tha****er for my shake, Banana, Caramel and Orange extract

I tried the Jello mixes in them as well but I'm not a sugar free jello fan, I find there is after taste so didn't use them much, raspberry is the one I liked best.

I was able to have broth, could only tollerate the chicken for some reason..

I could also have sugar free freezies, its nice to have something to crunch. :)

Good luck! Stay strong.. if you haven't ditched caffeinated drinks like coffee yet, I would start cutting back a lot now. I didn't wait so when I started my shakes, I was tired, not a lot of energy, I heard that is a symptom of withdrawl. So that plus being cranky and hungry for a few days until I got used to it. Each day got better than the next.. :)

and last piece of advice... never trust a fart

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/15 6:37 pm

My computer problems haven't allowed me to review all these great posts..........THANKS EVERYONE.........I'm psyching myself up to Optifast.....I truly appreciate all the advice and well wishes!!

Most Active