Solids

MammaBear115
on 1/13/15 6:37 am

I was just wondering when people where able to have soft food and then solid foods.

(last week of optifast!!)

Patm
on 1/13/15 8:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Your centre should give you a menu for each week

MammaBear115
on 1/13/15 8:48 am

I have been through the book.  It just says when you are comfortable with all your liquids - full fluids and not before a week.   

I know everyone is different but I was looking for people's experiences ...

Millie146
on 1/13/15 9:12 am - Canada

Hello MammaBear,

I am also on my last week of shakes...!!!! i had to do 3 weeks... how about you?

Where and are you having your surgery... ?mine is this coming Friday in Ottawa.

If I come across a post with the the info we're both looking for, I'll send it your way!

9 shakes left to go!!! 

Millie

MammaBear115
on 1/13/15 9:24 am

Hi! 

Yes moving into my last week (of 3weeks) of shakes.  I'm am grumpier then the fiercest grizzly! I love that you are counting down shakes...

my surgery is a week tomorrow (21st) in Ottawa.  

awesome - thanks so much!  Best of luck Friday!

Millie146
on 1/13/15 9:58 am - Canada

thanx... I'm going stir crazy waiting for that call. 

Keep in touch... let me know how surgery went... ! 

I've been grumpy, happy, sad, excited,,,, seems like i never know from day to day.... I sure did cry a lot and even considered re writing my wedding vows. Glad that one  passed!  lol

Hope everything works out well for you... I found this week the hardest.

Millie

Millie...............MFP: millie0101

newme14
on 1/13/15 7:48 pm - Ontario, Canada

Friday for me too!! 😄

and I've been freaking as well. Emotions are everywhere.  Can't wait to be on the other side but can't picture it in my head either so that is freaking me out! 

I think I'm going to miss Opti!  I've really come to like it and it is so easy! Never thought I would say that!! Hahaha! 

Come on Thursday-when they call with the time!  I feel like I've been on hold since this process started!   Time to move forward!! 

Good luck to everyone!!! 

RNY January 2015

HW-365 CW-185 GW-160

"Beauty is found within."

Millie146
on 1/14/15 1:57 am - Canada

Hi NewMe!

Hang in there!!!! sometime on friday we will both be giving each other a big high five!

Millie

MammaBear115
on 1/14/15 4:50 am

Hi newme!

I know exactly what you're saying.  I can't wait for next week to come.  So anxious nervous and excited that it seems to be moving so slow.

Seyenna
on 1/13/15 10:29 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I'm through HRRH but I've been progressing a bit slower than the book recommends. I just wasn't feeling a need or desire for food yet. I did manage to have some really soft and shredded pork loin tonight, but it took about 2 tablespoons worth before I was too full to continue.

I started mashed and pureed veggies about 2-3 weeks out, but really shakes right now are still my best friend. Good luck!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Most Active