Fast date to surgery.... eek

bubbosmama
on 1/12/15 6:45 am - Canada

After a year of tests and appointments, just wishing that the process would speed up, I got a reality check today.  I saw the surgeon last week and was given the go ahead for surgery and told would be 4-6 weeks for surgery, but got a scary and amazing call this morning and I am scheduled to have my pre-op in two days and the surgery next Tuesday morning.  I started the Optifast today.  For those who are post surgery.... now would be a great time to tell a pre-op how wonderful a decision their surgery was.  haha

Patm
on 1/12/15 8:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you got your date. This surgery saved my life. I no longer have diabetes or high blood pressure. I am much more active and enjoy my life a whole lot more.

Good luck

bubbosmama
on 1/12/15 9:38 am - Canada

Thanks Patm

jaxie77
on 1/12/15 9:27 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey ! 

It sneaks up fast after all that waiting and dreaming eh ? !! lol ....4 weeks out tomorrow for me , and I know it's early days , but I already am so glad I did this ! Just the relief of knowing that I've turned things around and I'm now heading in a good and positive direction for my health ...and happiness cos let's face it , it does affect our happiness . Physically I feel great too ! Down 47 lbs so far . I feel completely normal inside and out , except I do get a wee touch tired easily if I do stuff like go out for the day , groceries or whatever . But my energy levels are getting better . Food is still all a mystery , but that fine, I'm enjoying the lack of appetite after years of being chronically hungry !! Very bizarre to have no desire to eat but yet feel completely normal and fine ...not sick or anything ! Crazy ! 

Anyway , good luck for next week . Enjoy Opti , it will go much faster ! And honestly it's not bad at all . Blended with some ice and water it's just like an ice cream milkshake :) Stay positive and everything will be great xx 

Jax x 

bubbosmama
on 1/12/15 9:42 am - Canada

Thanks Jaxie77.  Your enthusiasm is awesome.  My husband brought me home a couple bags of ice tonight (hes a good guy) and I did just what you said with the OPTI.... I wont say it rocked, but it was ok.  I am blessed to just have to do 7 days so won't do too much complaining.  All the best to you as well and congratulations on both your decision to do this for yourself and your successes in all areas of your new life

Jubutyp
on 1/12/15 9:58 am

I was given 8 days notice for surgery.  They had a cancellation so I took it. I remember feeling happy, scared and excited as it was a shock that it was going to happen so fast. The optifast was easy for me.  I think because I knew it was only 8 days.   I lost 10 pounds from the opti.  My surgery was Nov 20. Including the 8 days of Opti I am down 46 pounds. No regrets. I am lucky to have had no issues and have had no dumping or issues thus far.   My pre surgery fears were put to rest and I am feeling great.  Good Luck !!

Referral. May 2014.  Info session July 2014. Nurse, social worker, dietician Oct 2014, Dr Hagen 1st appointment October 2014,Dr. Glaser, November 2014, Dr Hagen  2nd appt.   November 2014, surgery. November 20, 2014

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/15 9:56 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I'm only 10 weeks post op, but can 200% say, it changed my entire life, for the better. I for once, feel in control. I only wish I had done it sooner. 

Good luck to you!!

Ipatton
on 1/12/15 10:45 am - Canada

hey,

I had my surgery in Dec. and it was a cancellation spot so I had my life flipped real quick just like you (I was told my surgery was going to be in Feb).  For me the surgery was the best thing I ever did and I am only a little over a month out.  I feel better than I have in many years and I am doing things that I haven't been able to do for a long time. Everyone is different but my recovery was awesome, just make sure you listen to what everyone says, walk as much as you can, and sip your fluids!

I found the best thing about the quick date was I didn't have time to worry about food funerals (my last meal etc.) it was pretty much "ok so, its that time now"

keep in touch and message me if you want, I'm happy to share

Ipatton
on 1/12/15 10:45 am - Canada

hey,

I had my surgery in Dec. and it was a cancellation spot so I had my life flipped real quick just like you (I was told my surgery was going to be in Feb).  For me the surgery was the best thing I ever did and I am only a little over a month out.  I feel better than I have in many years and I am doing things that I haven't been able to do for a long time. Everyone is different but my recovery was awesome, just make sure you listen to what everyone says, walk as much as you can, and sip your fluids!

I found the best thing about the quick date was I didn't have time to worry about food funerals (my last meal etc.) it was pretty much "ok so, its that time now"

keep in touch and message me if you want, I'm happy to share

Seyenna
on 1/12/15 10:15 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I keep a week by week blog of sorts so you can see some of my thoughts on surgery, if you're so inclined. I feel really well and my eating is getting on track (sort of, lol). My only and biggest issue right now is that I'm tired a lot, but it's getting better.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Most Active