Feeling discouraged...now what

dolce1968
on 1/12/15 2:43 am

Hi everyone

I am waiting on revision from stapling to RNY (Dr Hagen).  I was cleared and completed all appointments in the summer of 2014.  I called his office last week to find out about revision dates and if they had forgotten about me but, his very kind secretary told me that they haven't started booking anything for revisions yet for this year.

It's kind of difficult not to get discouraged and I know patience is a virtue but so many things are racing through my mind.

I'm ready, have been ready, mentally, spiritually.  

I don't know why it's taking forever and don't understand why a revision is a surgery so why can't it be done just like everyone else's.  

My days are hard, constantly throwing up, have strictures and bad reflux.  I've been living like this for 10 years and with each year it's got worse.  The weight is all back and I hated myself for it because I know part of the weight gain was my fault, not educating myself but like I said, I'm ready now to take the bull by the horns...I just need Dr H to call me soon.....

My 25th Anniversary is this April and I was overweight when I initially got married in 1990, I was hoping by now I would have had the surgery (even this month) and would have been able to wear a lovely gown on my 25th rather than look like I did 25 years ago... :(  We were supposed to do a cruise but I've postponed it until 2016.

I can't talk to anyone in revision forum because they are all from the US.  

Anyone have any insight on options?

Catw
on 1/12/15 3:30 am - Arnprior, Canada

I don't have any insight on options for you.  Just sounded like you could use a hug right now.  Hope you get word from Dr. H soon.

Cathy

dolce1968
on 1/12/15 4:20 am

thank you.....those are always welcomed!

NorthernStar
on 1/12/15 4:12 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I have no advice, but wanted to say hang in there. I know the waiting can be hard and it feels a bit like your life is on hold. It sounds like they book revisions separately from standard surgery. I don't think they've forgotten about you. Did the secretary give you any info on this or give an idea of when they might be booking them? If not, it might be good to call (to put your mind at ease) to get an idea or at least know when you should follow up again (ask her when you should call again - in another month? 6 weeks?)

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

dolce1968
on 1/12/15 4:21 am

Ella was great, told me to keep calling, she had no definite answers for me and was surprised herself that nothing had been booked yet.  

I will keep trying, just don't want to become a nuisance.

L

kristaeb
on 1/12/15 8:36 pm

Hi, Dr Hagan did my revision. He is great ,Ella is wonderful..I lucked out and moved a long very quickly..It is a longer O R booking for sure..Keep in contact with Ella . Keep plugging away hun,  it will happen.. Please keep us updated on up coming surgery date...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Jenbg
on 1/12/15 6:51 am - London, Canada

I had my revision (from stapeling to rny) in Nov.

The only difference for revision is he had to book me in for 5 hours instead of the normal 2 ( mine went over 5 due to them finding out my stomach had attached itself to my liver over the years).

I had my revision at st.joes in Hamilton and my Dr was Dr.hong.

Maybe your Dr has already booked all his OR hours on non revision patients already? Idk...just a guess?

Good luck! Hang in there!

Jennifer Buckley-Golder * Hamilton, On CANADA * Revision Surgery Date: November 14, 2014 (stapeling to RNY) * down 50 lbs Jan 12, 2015 *

Robyn R.
on 1/12/15 10:10 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Hang in there!  Dr Hagen is worth the wait. It's frustrating I know. His secretary is incredible as well. The province has not yet announced funding for next fiscal year which starts in April. If Ella said, call again then do so. 

Thinking of you!  I'm only an email away

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

dolce1968
on 1/12/15 10:21 am

Thanks Robyn....hope you are doing well

KattattaK
on 1/12/15 10:26 am

Just wanted to say, "So sorry you're going through this. Hope you get your revision soon so you can enjoy that cruise scheduled for 2016". Hang in there 😊

Most Active