FINALLY got my 1st Surgeon Appointment

BlakeandLillysMummy
on 1/12/15 12:19 am, edited 1/12/15 12:21 am - Canada

so it took nearly 15 weeks and me calling about 3 times.. but I FINALLY have my first surgeon meeting.... I go on January 30th to meet with Dr. Sohi @ HRRH.. (and my husband's appointment is the same day at the same time..) sooo excited to actually feel like I am moving forward...

Question for those of you who have already been here, what, if anything, do I need to have ready/do for this assessment???  After this assessment will I get the remaining assessment dates with the RN, Dietician, Internist & Social Worker????  Just curious how it goes from here on out?

Thanks in Advance

Heather

need_to_run_81
on 1/12/15 12:50 am

Hi Heather,

I'm just one step ahead of you at HRRH.  

You'll need to bring your health card with you. That's about it. They will send you for bloodwork, but it's not fasting - so you don't have to worry about that. 

Otherwise bring your phone or a book because you might be waiting there a few minutes - but it really is just a consultation where you meet th surgeon and he talks things over with you, and you can ask any questions you have also. 

A

Brittany_31113
on 1/12/15 3:14 am

Hey, First of all Dr Sohi is an amazing doctor! I had him and he did such good job and has an incredible bed side manner. After my surgery was over he personally went and found my family to tell them how things went. There isnt really much you can do to prepare. The appointment is basically him introducing himself, explaining the surgery to you ( as if we haven't had it explained enough at this point lol ), and answers any questions you have. Dr Sohi's office wont give you the appointments, you should get a call from the clinic in regards to when your RN, Dietician, Internist & Social Worker are. Congratulations on this next step in your journey! 

"The First step towards getting somewhere is to decide that your not going to stay where you are" - John pierpoint morgan

Referral- April 27,2013   Orientation class- may 29, 2013   Meet the surgeon,SW,dietitian - July 20, 2013  Dr Glazier- October 4,2013  Sleep study- October 10,2013   Dr Glazier again- October 16,2013   SW,dietitian again- February 2,2014    DR Sohi- march 4,2014   Start Opti- June 11,2014  SURGERY- July 2,2014

need_to_run_81
on 1/12/15 5:24 am

Oh, and I got my follow up dates sent to me via email about 4 days after they scheduled my first meeting with my surgeon. 

anniew72
on 1/12/15 7:07 pm

And make sure to bring all medications that you are taking .

Most Active