Loosing control

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/15 5:33 am

Dawn, You stated 90% of weight loss is through nutrition.  What about exercise?  I was told about the honeymoon period for my sleeve by the nurse practitioner at my surgeon's office.  She stated that exercise does help with losing the weight, and for me to exercise as often as possible.  I am curious.

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/15 5:35 am

I had the sleeve surgery on 9/9/14 and am losing in stages and it drives me insane. So I exercise and exercise.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/10/15 6:02 am, edited 1/10/15 6:02 am - Windsor, Canada

Exercise helps you burn off additional calories, thereby promoting a greater loss but nutrition is the biggest part.  Many of us can exercise til the cows come home but if we are taking in more calories than we are using up, we won't lose weight.  It's a simple as that.

It doesn't mean that you don't want to exercise.....you definitely want the health benefits of exercise for cardiovascular health, but to paraphrase, you cannot outexercise a bad diet!

Surgery only takes you so far - you'll maybe lose 60-80% of your weight through surgery.   Add exercise and get further with your weight loss :)

This is a good article: 

https://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/polisci/faculty/chwe/austen/cloud2009.pdf

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/10/15 6:04 am - Windsor, Canada

Curious as to why you are on the ON forum?

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active