I can't wait to see the 180's

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/15 10:08 am, edited 1/11/15 10:09 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

OH totally! I have a clothes ranging from size 8 to 18, (I never did fit into those 8's, they were 'omg I love this, and maybe one day' purchases. I have a bit of a clothes obsession  but definitely every time I feel my current size getting a bit loose, it's off to my treasure trunk to see what else I can now fit into. It's one of my favourite moments.

Some days I struggle with getting in enough calories, and some days I dont... Premier shakes have been a life saver for me on those not hungry at all days, but overall, I've been pretty good at eating.

hope you're feeling better! 

Laurie_L
on 1/21/15 10:18 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

update, my 2 weeks after my 10lbs loss was only a loss of 1.5lbs!  I wasn't expecting that :(  Trying not to let it get to me, but couldn't help but be disappointed and question why and how.  ugh.

Has that happened to you?

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

Swell
on 1/11/15 10:54 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Wow! That's awesome! Good for you! I like that you do the 10 pound increments as small goals. Way more manageable--I think I may have to borrow that!

Congrats on all of your success!

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/15 11:52 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thank you so much swell! Btw, I saw your reply on msmuggins post, and wanted to say, I still to this day, cannot eat wet oatmeal. Hope you're feeling better!

Swell
on 1/12/15 12:33 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Thanks! Feeling much better today!

Maricw
on 1/11/15 8:44 pm - Oshawa, Canada

Congrats on getting so far already on your journey . I feel the same about the 190's ..I swear I stop there .. I have 70 lbs gone to date but feel I have stopped...it's like I can't get out of the 190's.. It has been over 32 yrs nice I was in the 180's.. Christmas didn't help me much either... I didn't gain but there was things that I shouldn't have eat...last week I started walking more, on the weekend I started to increase my water intake, today I am going to increase my protein more...I think I need to mix up my foods more...maybe changing it up will give my body a boost...congrats again and hope you hit the 180's soon..I'm sure you will...

Referral - October 3-2013 /  Family Dr. Confirmed - October  31-2013 /  Orientation call - November 11-2013 / Orientation (HRRH) -November 25-2013 / 1st  Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh) - January 14-2014 /  SW/RN/RD - January 17-2014 / Dr Glazer March 25-2014/ 2nd Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh)- April 10-2014 / Surgery date - August 7-2014

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/15 10:28 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I am about to mix up my menus as well, and start adding some exercise into the mix! Hopefully it works in my favour! You will get there, just keep faith! You sound like you have a solid plan to reach that number you haven't seen in 32 years! I'm sure you will see it soon! 

need_to_run_81
on 1/11/15 9:27 pm

I can't wait to be like you!  Way to go!!!!!

Last time I was 189 was late 2009 (Berstiens), and even at 5'8" I was a size 16 pant (but a medium top). 

Do do you find the weight is coming off the same as it has in the past?  My hips, belly, and thighs have never shown my weight loss. 

I'm so curious what they'll think my goal weight should be.  

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/15 10:33 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

NO, not at all! And I think I just assumed it would. I have always had a bubbly butt, big boobs, smaller waist, huge thighs and legs. I have always in the past lost it fairly evenly, although I have always lost in my lower body last, but right now, I am definitely losing from my lower body first. And my butt for the first time ever, is looking smaller, and more flat. I am not a complete flat ass yet, and I am hoping that doesn't happen. Have to say though, I am surprised it is not coming off the way it always has in the past.

DEATH TO BERNSTEINS! I have a pretty low opinion of that place, and the nurses that inhabit it (well the ones I had to deal with when I too tortured myself by going there)

Thank you for the kind words!! You will get there too xo

need_to_run_81
on 1/11/15 10:52 pm

I'm so with you on the death to Bersteins!  My work paid for it back in 08-09 and I lost a ton, but as soon as I got pregnant it ALL came back. 

I did Herbal Magic before that and was able to maintain for a long time after (despite not finishing the program and not learning maintenance).  Still, that obviously didnt work for me!

I should know my surgery date about a month from now!  Maybe May/June.  

I'm very very excited about getting and staying healthy!  (Heck I'd have the surgery and stay this size so long as I knew I'd live to see my kids grow up, and get grow old with my husband.) But, getting into some smaller pants will be a huge positive! 

Most Active