What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Onward and
Downward

on 1/10/15 8:47 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

good morning everybody.I haven't been on lately because I have a pinched nerve in my neck that has kept me in bed for most of last week. It has caused numbness, tingling, and pain all down my right hand. So, I have been unable to use it computer very much. There will be mistakes in this post, because I am using my tablets voice activated typing feature which is pretty cool.

I guess the only real upside to this is that I've lost several pounds, simply because I can't move much and therefore can't make many trips to the fridge. Haha. Also, the percocets I've been taking have killed my appetite because they make me slightly nauseous. Although I have to be careful because one night last week, the first night I was on the percocets, I had a low blood sugar incident due to not eating enough.

so today I will eat as I normally have been for the last few days. I have been eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And usually A before bedtime snack.

I will have a fried egg for breakfast on p28toast

for lunch, probably ricotta, Splenda, vanilla, and raspberries, and probably a few slivered almonds on top

for dinner I'm not sure. I guess whatever my husband makes or orders in. We ordered in Greek food couple of nights ago and we've been eating leftovers for the last couple of days, but it is gone now.

mostly today I will be sleeping (on the floor or on the couch, the bed is too soft I think), and I have found the percocets combined with gravol for the nausea has a nice side effect of helping me sleep through the discomfort.

I hope everyone has a great day. I might not see your responses right away because I can't use the computer very much. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 1/10/15 10:07 pm - Mississauga, Canada

So sorry to hear this, Michelle - take care and feel better soon. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Onward and
Downward

on 1/11/15 1:35 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

thanks Karen, much appreciated. Hoping a day of rest all day today will help me be able to work from home tomorrow.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Zizzler
on 1/10/15 10:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your neck, that is pretty cool that you used the voice activated typing feature to post.  You have a nice day too and I hope you feel better as soon as possible.

Onward and
Downward

on 1/11/15 1:37 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Ziegler. Haha, see what the voice activated thing did to your name. yes it is very handy but unfortunately it doesn't always recognize the beginning of a sentence so it doesn't always capitalize. But otherwise it's a pretty handy little tool.

Zizzler
on 1/11/15 4:06 am

Ha ha!  That is funny that it writes it that way.  I guess when it is a word that does not exist it just makes something up.  Unless Ziegler means something? Neat.

Patm
on 1/11/15 2:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That sounds awful. I hope it rights itself oon

Onward and
Downward

on 1/11/15 3:14 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

thanks I hope so too. I just went for a long walk while resting my right arm in my pocket and not carrying my purse. I actually feel great after doing that. My neck and arm is not better, but I think it might have triggered some endorphins or something. Looking forward to how I'm feeling tomorrow. I'll take another walk later today if I'm feeling up to it after napping some more this afternoon.

Zizzler
on 1/11/15 4:15 am

Glad to hear a walk helped, I find physical activity helps a lots with many things, like you said, endorphins and all.  I find a hot bath in Epson salts can help with many aches and pains.  I had a pinched nerve in my neck once and it was so painful for weeks until I went to the masseuse.  I told her the problem and she did some gentle stretching and massage of the area of the neck. I felt like a new woman when I left there, it was not completely gone but say 80% better, next day I hardly felt it, then it was gone. Best of luck to you, napping and walking are some of my favourite things!

Patm
on 1/11/15 8:11 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I find when I hurt something I need to keep moving if only a little to not stiffen up in other joint. Good luck

Most Active