orientation

elliecat
on 1/10/15 6:12 am - Canada

Hi all new here, orientation at HRRH coming up January 26/15. I have a friend that has has wls,and I work for a family doctor so have seen patients go through, good and not so good outcomes! Been reading the forum for a few weeks, everything is overwhelming!!

Terri

mum2TNT
on 1/10/15 11:24 am - Oshawa, Canada

Welcome aboard Terri! I am also going through HRRH, and had my orientation in August 2014 and am currently meeting with the Social Worker, Dietitian and Nurse, then have the internist, Dr. Glazer appt in February and then hopefully surgery booked!!  IT sounds like such a long process.....and I remember feeling like it was taking too damn long LOL, but looking back it gave me the chance to learn, read, research, blog, understand my feelings with food, so many things....and I am still learning.  I also have learned a lot from this board!  IT is a great for support and information.  I sign on every day and read, sometimes 1 or sometimes 20 different posts.  I respond when I feel I have something to offer or just to send positive thoughts and/or big HUGS!  WE can do this!!!!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

elliecat
on 1/11/15 1:51 am - Canada

Hi back thanks for the welcome!! My referral was sent last aug/14 when I hadn't heard I asked my Dr to refax in Nov and heard back right away with orientation date. I did a lot if reading in that time and learned quite a bit. Now I am sure the time will go slow. I work full time, for a family doctor so that makes the time fly by. I haven't told her yet about my referral,I am thinking that she may not agree but won't say anything. I know it doesn't matter and is nine of her business, but I am a bit stressed about telling her.

Hope your appointment goes well and your surgery date is booked!

Terri

Terri

Orientation HRRH Jan 26/15 Meet Dr. Starr June 11/15 Sleep Study June 22/15 Trio appt Aug 12/15 Transfer to Dr. Hagen Aug 4/15, Meet Dr. Hagen Aug 13/15, Dr. Glazer Aug 14/15! Surgery Sept 14/15

Pegasus_AM
on 1/11/15 4:33 am

Welcome :-), I was really nervous for Orientation but honestly it's a breeze compared to the rest. It's just an information session to advise you of what the surgery entails, what to expect next, what your responsibilities are as a patient and the changes you should be expecting to make starting now and post-op. Then they ask you if you want to continue with the process and if you do then you sign a couple sheets of paper, hand them in and be on your way. They send you on your way with an Orientation package IMPORANT don't discard it!!!!! read it, reread it and then read it some more as you continue through the process they want to know that you know your stuff but for now take a deep breath relax and take one step at a time. :-) Welcome and Good-Luck 

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

elliecat
on 1/11/15 4:46 am - Canada

Thanks for the info, I like to be prepared, and am nervous about the unknown!! My hospital is 1.5 hours away from home. So worried about winter weather and the drive!! Must stop my thoughts!! It will all be fine, I will get there on time. I will just keep telling myself!! Read and reread, will do! 

Terri

Orientation HRRH Jan 26/15 Meet Dr. Starr June 11/15 Sleep Study June 22/15 Trio appt Aug 12/15 Transfer to Dr. Hagen Aug 4/15, Meet Dr. Hagen Aug 13/15, Dr. Glazer Aug 14/15! Surgery Sept 14/15

anniew72
on 1/11/15 4:38 pm

Hi Elliecat,

Welcome to the board. The orientation is the easy part of this process because that is where you hear everything about the surgery, the hard part is making lifestyle changes before you have your appointments with the Nut, Sw, Rn.

I had my surgery on friday it took me about 10 months from referral. Please feelmfree to ask any questions.

elliecat
on 1/11/15 7:25 pm - Canada

Hi Annie 

Friday was surgery!! Your on the other side!!!, 

I'm ready now to moveforward. Waiting for orientation appointment was the thinking really should I do this? Now I have read and read and am ready to learn more and go ahead with the rest of my life.

Are you home?hoq long were you in hospital? I have heard that you are required to stay near hospital for a few days if you are more than hour away?

Terri

Most Active