What are you doing/eating today ( Friday)

TanyaLH
on 1/8/15 8:22 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

19 months post op

steps 13221 (56 stairs according to fitbit)

Morning Ladies,

Barb enjoy your workout, CC, good job on cutting out the sweets, Karen, enjoy your dinner with Andrew tonight.

Zizzler, I too was wondering what happened to cottage cheese and ketchup...hehehe. I did like it when I tried it  

I am off today and I think a pj day is in order. I can ride the stationary bike at home in my pj's. Too cold to go out today, Jasper doesn't even want to go out...have to pretty much drag him out the door.

So...question for the vets, 1.5 yrs out and noticed yesterday that my hair is falling out again. This is not just regular shedding, run my fingers through my hair and 10 to 15 strands in my hand. A little worried about this as I already have very fine thin  hair. Any ideas as to why this is happening again or  suggestions to stop it?  Thanks.

B protein coffee, egg muffin 1/2 sl rye toast

S 1/2 c greek yogurt, 4 strawberries

L 1 c split pea and ham soup

D 1 c homemade turkey stew

S tea

be well and warm everyone

Tanya

Zizzler
on 1/8/15 8:55 pm

Hey there, my nut told me that if I still have hair loss after a year to contact them, could be a sign of lacking in a vitamin or mineral.  

Zizzler
on 1/8/15 8:57 pm

Ketchup and cottage cheese was Libra, not me btw. I remember that too, very unique combo!

TanyaLH
on 1/8/15 8:59 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

oppps...sorry

Thanks for the tip about vits and minerals. Will call my centre

birdiegirl
on 1/8/15 9:51 pm

Hi Tanya

Have you started losing weight again?  I go thru periods where I lose hair again - and not just the usual spring and fall shed.  It eventually grows - right now I have tons of little stands of regrowth on my crown.

Patm
on 1/8/15 10:06 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Did not want to get up this morning. It is good I took eggs last night. That plus some salad was all I had. Everything else was either pastry or pasta.

Swimming lengths today. I find the walk back to work after very chilling. It is like although I am dry there is still a film of water on my face to freeze. I am trying to change around my eating when I swim. I do not like to have my lunch first or I feel like I am burbing every two minutes. Hard with your head under water. So I am having a snack at least an hour before swimming them lunch after.

Out of yogurt this morning. So had a change

b protein coffee with 1 cup skim milk

s baby bel, watermelon

l ham and pea soup, yogurt

s baby carrots and hummus

d chicken, salad

s cheese, crackers

cal 1064, carb 110, prot 94.6

ArleneAnne
on 1/8/15 11:36 pm - Oakville, Canada

Greetings to One and All

I seem to not get on the computer as much as I used to ..... must be that I have soooo much energy that I am not spending as much time in my chair with my feet up with my laptop holding me down so I could not possibly get up and do something constructive (at least that was my story and I was sticking to it ! )

B - 1/4 c cottage cheese (with 1 tbs Protein Plus powder)

- 1/8 c yogurt ( with 1 tbs Protein Plus powder)

- 1/8 c apple sauce (with 1 tbs Protein Plus powder)

S - Protein Shake ( with full scoop on powder, 1 cup skim milk, 1/3 banana, about 5 frozen             strawberries) ..... drinking at the moment and for the first time am enjoying protein shake, so perhaps I am finally getting the hang of this all !

L - 2 tbs left over meat loaf ( not sure yet on quantity, but will try )

- 1/8 cup apple sauce ( with 1 tbs Protein Plus Powder

- 1/2 small no-fat pudding (butterscotch )

S - Same protein shake as above but with frozen blueberries instead of strawberries

D - 3 oz Sole , 2 tbs sweet potato, 2 tbs left over boiled carrots

S - As before with either strawberries and blueberries (hey....if one is good, perhaps two will be even better !! )

Most Active