need help

becca1987
on 1/7/15 5:34 am - new liskeard, Canada

hi im a girl that's been looking for help for along time now. I have been on a waiting list for a family doctor. Im starting to feel like theres no hope for me getting gastric bypass done. if someone can help me out just by putting my foot in the door would help, I cant afford to pay for this so im trying to find a doctor who can help me by health care.

Seyenna
on 1/7/15 6:20 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

If you're looking for a doctor to do a referral, I would find a clinic that has a nurse practitioner. That's how I got my referral done. Also, contact telehealth and they can help you find a doctor too... but a nurse should be able to submit your referral in the interim. 

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

becca1987
on 1/7/15 6:33 am - new liskeard, Canada

Thanks you :)

Rebecca Doupe

need_to_run_81
on 1/7/15 7:40 am

Hi Rebecca,

There's such a huge need for doctors in Liskeard right now.  I'm wishing you luck with you quest to find a family doctor. My mom recently found one through the Centre de Sante communautaire Temiskaming.  Do you know anyone who goes through there?  They may be able to help you find a doctor. Even a walk in clinic (is there one at the Temiskaming Hospital at all?) may be able to get your referral done.  Health care connect is a good place to start too - but even that up north can take quite some time. 

Good luck!!

A

Northernlightsmom
on 1/7/15 7:41 am - Canada

There have been several people on here in a similar situation. They are often successful with their walk in clinic doctor. They are aware of the issue when you don't have a family doctor. If you don't have success there then move on to another walk in clinic or health centre. Once your referral is sent out, your process has been started. Don't give up! 

Take care ;)

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

becca1987
on 1/8/15 12:55 am - new liskeard, Canada

Thank you for your help I feel like I might have hope I'm glad I come to this site thanks every one for the hope :)

Rebecca Doupe

Most Active