started onederland

sue2311
on 1/7/15 2:57 am - Canada

Can't believe this but I hit 50 lbs on my 50th birthday (Nov 23) then I just happened to start the New Year at 199.5. Those milestones are so cool. I didn't try for them, they just happened. I feel so much better it is incredible. 66 lbs so far. This morning my son looked at me and said. "Wow , are you ever skinny. Your stomach is almost flat" Did that ever feel good. I am getting my life back and it feels good. Although I have been a little down lately. One of my dogs is dying and I have been sick over Christmas and am still not up to par. I have been off my antidepressants since surgery and was feeling fantastic up until I got sick. so I really hope my mood changes soon, I really don't want to have to go back on the antidepressants. I know it is not the end of the world but I have been on them for 18 years and know some of my weight gain was caused by them. That is when I began to lose the battle with my weight. I am so happy that I had this surgery.

annieliv
on 1/7/15 3:55 am - Toronto, Canada

Congrats on hitting some fabulous milestones!

I hope you feel better. You'll know if you need to go back on meds for depression. It's not a weakness, it's self care. 

I lost my dog in August and it's never easy. Pets are family. Give him/her lots of hugs & kisses.

Take care & again, congrats on your successes!

sue2311
on 1/7/15 6:51 am - Canada

thanks, Pets are like family. It is so hard losing them. I know it is not a weakness needing antidepressants. I think I am more afraid of the weight loss slowing down because of them. But I do know it is not fair to my husband and kids not to be on them if I need them. And to me because I want to be happy.

Patm
on 1/7/15 4:04 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Your milestones are fantastic. Losing an animal is very hard.  They are such a big part of our family. There are many anti-depressants on the market. If you need to go back on them make sure your doctor is aware you want one that does not effect your weight.

Most Active