New Here!

MammaBear115
on 1/8/15 2:10 am, edited 1/8/15 4:10 am

Hello,

I have been reading these boards occasionally for a couple months now as I began the process for surgery. 

I am going through the Ottawa clinic and the staff there is wonderful.  My wait hasn't been that long but at times it felt painstakingly slow.

However, I am scheduled for surgery Jan 21st.  I am entering my 2nd week of optifast, cravings are still there even though I'm full which scares me.  Dying for Pizza.  Yes that is my weakness. I have done the full optifast program so I know that the next two weeks are survivable.  I love the vanilla optifast with instant coffee (decaf of course), anyone recommend a protein powder (in Canada) with the same flavouring....I have tried after my last optifast diet and been unsuccessful.

However, I am having a really hard time focusing at work or anything else.  The surgery seems to be consuming my thoughts.  I am a planner and just making sure I have everything I will need and that my kids will be taken care of etc.

Anyone else the same way...or am I obsessing?

MB

Patm
on 1/8/15 3:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome to the board. This is when the jitters set in. I have added you to the surgery list Jenaci is having surgery the same day but in Toronto.

MammaBear115
on 1/8/15 4:10 am

Great!  Thank you!

Northernlightsmom
on 1/8/15 6:33 am - Canada

Just wanted to say welcome.

This is the part of the process that seems to go so fast and then trying adhere to the opti regime. Adding to that is the excitement and anxiety over the surgery. So I assume most if not all of us understand how it consumes your thoughts through the weeks before your day. Just know that this is one of the best decisions you can make for yourself and your family. You are going to have an amazing 2015! I found one of the hardest parts of this process was opti so hang in there. 

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

MammaBear115
on 1/8/15 8:35 am

Thanks for the support.

Catw
on 1/8/15 11:18 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome to the board.  It can be hard to focus on things at this stage.  Between your body dealing with Opti and the anxiety and excitement.  The pizza craving is probably just from being on a shake craving.  Use the Jello as needed.

Everyone leads up to their surgery the same but different.  I know that doesn't make sense, but you'll find it's true.

I had Dr. Yelle, and he was great.  I had no problems with any of the staff at Ottawa, even still.

You'll be on the bench in no time!

Cathy

MammaBear115
on 1/9/15 1:42 am

thanks!  Feeling good today, just really anxious/excited for my surgery date....

Most Active