Caution - I forgot to be careful

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/15 12:29 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I have been doing so well lately that I forgot that I need to be careful as I do react to certain things like Onions.  

I was grocery shopping and there was that free sample lady....there was a sample of sausage and a beef.  Usually the meat samples are okay and I try them.  I realized after trying the beef that it was marinated with onions.  OMG...quick reaction I thought I was going to pass out and be sick all at once.  Quickly found a washroom and was sick.  I had to have my spouse finish shopping while I waited in the car with the seat back to slow the horrible feeling.....

This is more of a post as a warning as we tend to forget this can happen as time goes by....so just be careful!  It really sucks when it happens in public vs at home!

Kelly

Helna_Handbasket
on 1/7/15 1:35 am - OWEN SOUND, Canada

oh no!  I hope you're feeling better.  There goes doing 2 laps around the food samples at Costco.  Take care :)

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

Patm
on 1/7/15 2:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That is a horrible feeling. Often with me I get something like dumping. I have had this problem even before surgery from certain additives. I now look at the package ingredients of the product before trying.

mum2TNT
on 1/7/15 9:49 am - Oshawa, Canada

Thanks for posting this!  I am a long way from this happening, but I think its great advice :)  Hope you are feeling better now!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Most Active