What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

TanyaLH
on 1/6/15 5:33 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

19 months post op

steps 9266

Good morning,

Off to work this morning, then the gym afterwards. The wind is howling here are they are saying we could get up to 20 cm of snow with squalls today. I hope winter doesn't last as long as it did last year!!!!

Do any of you ladies have any tricks to get your water in? I really struggle with this and would appreciate any tips or help :)

Hope everyone has a good and productive day!

B- protein coffee, 1 egg, 1/2 sl rye bread toasted

S- 1/2 c ff cottage cheese w/ 1/4 c mixed fruit

L- 3 oz chicken breast w/ 1/2 c garden salad

D- same as lunch

S tea w/ milk

Tanya

libra1
on 1/6/15 6:57 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Good morning everyone.

Its hump day! Back to work today--gross eye and all. The ointment the clinic gave me seems to have made it worse. Yipeeee! Bundle up and keep warm.

Today’s menu is …

B- Oatmeal, cinnamon and ground flax

Snack- flat white coffee

L-Cottage cheese and diced tomatoes

Snack-Greek Yogurt

D-Extra lean meatballs and tomatoes

Snack- Greek Yogurt

Cal-740, Carbs-42, Fat-19 Protein-100, Sugar-11, Chol-94

Karen M.
on 1/6/15 7:15 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Tanya, I still struggle with getting enough fluids in - at work I have a bottle of water on my desk at all times and make myself (yes, make myself lol) take a sip of water for any sip of coffee that I take and don't have another coffee until I finish off the first bottle. Apparently I have to play head games with myself to be compliant. lol Sadly, I have to do the same thing with my morning protein shake ;)

And you are right, it is FREEZING out there this morning! I cant even begin to explain just how much I hate winter. I am always cold and subsequently quite cranky. The only part of winter I like is the clothes, I kid you not. LOL  Off to work this morning and man it was tough getting up when the alarm went off. So. Very. Tired.  Have a doctor appointment this afternoon and will be requesting blood labs as I am pretty sure my iron is dropping again - or maybe I am just tired. Who knows. Andrew is making me dinner tonight and get this - he is out there starting my car and brushing it off for me as we speak (write). *love*

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake sipped alongside my coffee

S - Greek yogurt, 2 halo oranges, 10 almonds

L - I will be out as I have a couple of hours to kill before my appointment and don't want to drive all the way home just to turn around and head back out, so I'm not sure yet. In thinking about it, I am going to bring a second snack to work to tide me over 'til I get home - 3 ham/cheese/pickle roll ups, a few cucumber slices

S - protein shake when I get home

D - 3 oz BBQ steak, lemon-basil green beans & mushrooms

S - likely just tea

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 1/6/15 7:42 pm

Good morning everyone.  Tanya the only thing that has helped me get in my water was to find a flavouring that I really liked.  I use SF Robinsons orange/pineapple and orange/mango squash concentrate (it has no squash in it).  For some reason plain water bothers my stomach, but the flavoured water I can chug with no problems.  Does coffee not count towards our water allowance?

Today I am back to swimming in the warm pool which I now can make serious waves in and no one bothers me about it, in fact many are joining in and making their own waves.  Later this morning I am going to attempt a gentle yoga class.  Hopefully this will be better than my last yoga class where my body was just a mass of creaking and cracking joints.  More household drudgery this afternoon then curl up by the fire this evening with DH.

5 months post op

B. Homemade protein coffee

S. Another protein coffee and then decaf

L. Leftover beef tenderloin from dinner last night with mushrooms

S. More decaf coffee

D. Poached salmon and crab stuffed jalapeno peppers

S. Protein hot chocolate right before bed so it doesn't get my sweet tooth going (well maybe I will dream I'm eating chocolate)

Have a great day everyone.  Bundle up, and sing your favourite summer song in your head.

kellybelly333
on 1/7/15 12:44 am - Toronto, Canada

*donning fuzzy tights today* 

I like all weather clothes now. Yay!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 1/6/15 7:35 pm

RNY 5 Years 9 Months Post Op

Morning

Sorry to hear that its freezing out - balmy here so no complaints.  Going to Costco and 2 other grocery stores to stock up today and get all my favorite eats. 

STEPS - 7800

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1/3 quest protein bar

L - 2 large ham and pickle roll ups

S - Goodfoods chicken cranberry almond salad - 4 oz

D - 2 poached eggs

2 thick slices of Canadian bacon

S - Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt with 1 TB of Low fat granola

S/ F Jello with a squirt of FF whip topping

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 791,  Carbs - 53 Grams,  Fat - 24 Grams,  Protein - 100 Grams

All water - 3 litres - all vits - more decaf coffee

Have a great one and stay warm  

Karen M.
on 1/6/15 7:55 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Balmy weather = happy girl! Enjoy your time south, Barb!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 1/6/15 7:37 pm

Hi Tanya

It can be especially difficult to get all your water consumed during the cold weather - just makes you colder eh? 

I find it easy to ge****er in when I keep a bottle or two in the car and drink while driving to and fro.  A litre can go down quickly in a short period of time.  I dont get as cold this way as I have my coat-gloves and the heater going full steam in the car. 

Hope this helps

Patm
on 1/6/15 8:38 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. I am having trouble getting going this morning. The whole cold thing makes me want to crawl back into bed. One of my New Year resolutions was to swim more. But I do find it hard in this weather. On Monday, although I tried to dry my hair it was frozen when I got back to work.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

l turkey barley soup, yogur****ermelon

s carrots an hummus

d stuffed peppers, kale salad

s baby bel

cal 1112, carb 111 prot 78.9

Gorgeous84
on 1/6/15 9:28 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12

Hi all, 

for water issue - i use propel drinking crystals from the states, they are clear and subtle so less aciditic ( all other flavourings gave me heartburn post op. 

Also, have you tried, warm water with real lemon( first thing in the am, its a good detox too) and nice fresh way to start day in winter. 

I personally have been struggling to be on track lately. Only three yrs out and spent last 14 months with a free pass to eat whatever ( pregnant, breastfeeding). Gained very little but enough to make clothes tight and me feel likecrap ( especially emotionally "why am i doing this bad stuff ").

moved ti New Brunswick 6 months ago ( very very happy) except the forum sucks and the clinic is worse here. ( refuse to follow me). Thank God I still have reason to return to Ontario so I plan to set up an appt to check in.

stilll stay at home now but dying to find work to get routine, balance back (and limit the grazing)

todays food

B- 1 slice cold thincrust pizza

s- 1/2c cottage cheese w 2 tbsp pineapple

L- salad with some canned salmon

s- apple/pb

d- bbq porkchop with applesauce and 1/4 honey garlic noodle side with steamed broccoli

s- protein hot chocolate to curb this sweet tooth and late snacks

thanks all for listening, sorry for hijacking (and length). So glad to be back!

kelsey

There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

Most Active