Orientation this Friday - Questions..

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/15 3:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

My orientation is this Friday at TWH. I am beyond excited and nervous at the same time.

What should I expect at this session?

Do I need to bring anything?

Will I be signing my life away?

Will I get my next appointments and are they as spread out as the wait for the orientation was?

Is it run by the nurses or the doctors?

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/15 4:31 am

Hi, I had my orientation at TWH and it was run by the social worker.  You need to bring your health card and orientation letter and you get forms and a copy of the presentation to review and sign before you leave orientation.  If you wish to continue with the program, you sign the consent form at which point you get your next 3 appointment dates (social worker, nutrition class and nurse appt).  Hope this helps and good luck!  You're on your way

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/15 4:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

Thank you for your reply!

Do you get a binder or something with all of the information to keep it in?

For you, how far apart were your next three dates?

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/15 4:49 am

You get a folder with the documents.  You are asked to purchase the binder at your first appointment ($10).  I hear the appointments are spread out now as the clinic is getting busier but you can call in for cancellations.  I work close to TWH so I was able to jump on last minute cancellations too.  Good luck on Friday!

hiom
on 1/5/15 8:14 am - Canada

Excellent  questions Mellybelly007, i will be there Friday as well maybe we could go through together? 

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/15 1:07 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I actually sent you a message earlier today :)

hiom
on 1/5/15 8:49 pm - Canada

I sent a response to you, please let me know if you got it okay

softballqueen89
on 1/6/15 5:04 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

Awesome, TWH is great!

My orientation session was run by one of the Nurse Practioners.  It is very thorough and covers a lot.  There is lots of opportunity to ask questions as she goes through the session.

Bring your health card and your letter with your MRN# on it.  

At the end of the session you will receive your next 3 appointments (Nutrition Class, Social Worker, and Nurse Practioner).  The dates were pretty far out - my orientation was November and my nurse appointment was supposed to be March 2015.  I kept calling for cancellations, you can speed up the process quite a bit by doing so.

They give this all to you in a handy blue folder - I never leave home without it :)
On the day of the Nutrition Class I bought my Nutrition Binder for $10 - you can get it at the Patient Registration desk on the 4th floor.

You will by no means be signing your life away.  The only forms I signed were to authorize them to use my information for their research studies - it doesn't require anything extra from you, it is just the use of the info they will gather anyway.

I hope this answered some of your questions.  I was just as excited as you!!!

ENJOY!!!

Referral: 08.13.14  Orient (TWH): 11.05.14  Social: 11.27.14  Nurse Prac: 12.10.14  Psych: 01.12.15 Nutrition Class: 11.18.14  Scope: 01.06.15  Dietician: 12.12.14  Meet Surgeon: 02.06.15  Pre-Op Testing: 02.18.15  SURGERY DATE: 02.24.15 (Dr. Okrainec)    

Most Active