Dietitian

hiom
on 1/5/15 1:20 am - Canada

Happy Monday All,

I have a question, I am going to Orientation this Friday and very excited to start this journey, and I was wondering about the subsequent appointments I will need to attend before they schedule surgery.  I currently go to a dietitian in Barrie and I am curious if her recommendation would be acceptable for the dietitian portion of the appointments or will I have to go back to Toronto for this appointment. 

Also, what is the average time from Orientation to Surgery, any ideas?

Thank you, love this site

HIOM64

Dreamy74
on 1/5/15 1:52 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hello hiom,

Are you going through Toronto Western Hospital (TWH)?  I went/am going through TWH.  My doctor initially referred me in November 2013.  I hadn't heard anything so in April 2014 I called them.  It turns out my referral had slipped throught the cracks.  I finally got the orientation appointment on May 28, 2014.  I have now finished all of my appointments but for one - I am meeting with the surgeon on January 16th.  So if you don't count the kafuffle at the beginning, it was about 9 months from orientation to surgeon appointment.  Not sure when my surgery will be scheduled for but I am thinking probably March sometime. 

You will still have to see the nutritionist/dietician - if you are going through TWH there is a nutrition class as well as a one-on-one appointment with the nutritionist.

Hope this helps and good luck!

hiom
on 1/5/15 3:36 am - Canada

It does! Thank you Dreamy74!

Pegasus_AM
on 1/5/15 6:29 am

I'm going through HRRH. I was also seeing a dietitian prior to my referral but her recommendation did not count I had to see the Bariatric Team Dietitian. I was referred in May/2014 and my surgery is scheduled for March 2nd/2015 - 10 months in total

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Most Active