What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Karen M.
on 1/4/15 6:56 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Back to work this morning after the holidays that went extremely quickly! Doctor appointment late this afternoon, not sure what else though I may meet a friend for coffee after my appointment, domestic goddess duties as assigned. The wind is sure howling out there!

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake sipped alongside my coffee

S - Greek yogurt, 2 halo oranges

L - small flour tortilla stuffed with 2 oz BBQ chicken, 1 slice bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, a little full fat mayo

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - bowl of chili with a little shredded cheddar on top

S - likely just tea

Have a marvellous Monday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 1/4/15 7:39 pm

Good morning everyone.  Karen I may have to rethink my menu after seeing chili on yours, mmmm the perfect food for this weather.

Today I'm off to swimming in the morning, then coffee with a friend, grocery shopping and then a repairman is coming to the house this afternoon.  It feels good to be back to a normal routine today.

5 months post op

B. Homemade protein coffee (Bulk Barn unflavoured protein powder, a little instant skim milk powder, instant espresso powder and small amount of sweetener)

S. Overnight oatmeal after swimming and decaf

L. Chili or soup

S. More decaf coffee and a Laughing Cow Jalapeno wedge

D. New Orleans shrimp

S. Greek Yogurt before bed

Have a great day everyone.

Karen M.
on 1/4/15 7:57 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'm with you on being back to a normal routine - I loved the 2 week holiday but so happy to have my daily routine back again, it keeps me organized.

I had leftover sauce when I made lasagna a few days ago so I added more tomatoes, a can of kidney beans, more peppers and hot sauce and spices and turned it into chili - you're right, perfect for a cold day like today!

Enjoy swimming!

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 1/4/15 8:03 pm, edited 1/4/15 8:03 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Karen, CC, and everyone else!

Well, posting here hasn't stopped me from completely going off the rails for the last two days. LOL. Oh well. No time to walk yesterday or the day before because of huge busy-ness.  But...family dinners are over and while I don't go back to work this week (I took a week of vacation this week), I feel like things are more back to normal now, especially since hubby is going back to work today. And I was up early this morning cleaning the kitchen, cleaning out the dining room of all the Christmas presents and goodies (read: cookies and chocolate and stuff), and I think I'm ready to make a clean start. I guess this is really my "new year". :)

Today: Going to a family member's place to help with something this afternoon. Also making a dentist appointment to deal with a slightly chipped tooth that happened over the holidays, and getting some long overdue blood work done. And making an appointment to see my physiotherapist about my shoulder which is acting up. And our contractor is coming in this week to finish up the drywalling in one of our bedrooms. 

2 YEARS POST-RNY

B - Fried egg on P28 toast

S - 1/2 pkg edamame beans

L - Smoked salmon on P28 toast spread with light cream cheese, topped with dill and capers (once you open the smoked salmon, you have to keep eating it until it's gone! LOL)

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 oz almonds

D - Homemade Thai basil shrimp - haven't had that in a while and I have all the ingredients I need for it in the fridge. Served on 1/4 cup rice noodles.

S - Probably fancy tea or coffee with frothed skim milk

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 1/4/15 8:25 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Michelle, routine is everything to me - especially with respect to my eating. I'm sure you'll do great today! Also, interested in your Thai basil shrimp recipe!

Karen

crqvingchange
on 1/4/15 9:01 pm

O and D maybe take those cookies and chocolates to your family member when you visit, that's how I got rid of mine. 

birdiegirl
on 1/4/15 8:40 pm

I will be back to posting in a few days.  No groceries in the house - frantic schedule right now.  Eating well begins again today. 

libra1
on 1/4/15 8:53 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Good morning everyone. The weekend was out of control. I'm soooo glad to be back at work. I'm much better with a routine and a plan. Looks like a cold one. Keep warm.

Today’s menu is …

B- Oatmeal, cinnamon and ground flax, flat white coffee

Snack-Premier Protein Shake

L-Cottage cheese and diced tomatoes

Snack-Greek Yogurt

D-Extra lean meatballs and tomatoes

Snack- Greek Yogurt

Cal-740, Carbs-42, Fat-19 Protein-100, Sugar-11, Chol-94

Patm
on 1/4/15 10:26 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Common theme today. Getting back into a routine. More bad eating over the weekend for me with the kids birthdays. Back to work today so back to better control. I feel like all I did while off work was cook and clean. So I have a freezer full of food for lunches. This makes life so much easier in the morning. I had bought a lot of eggs and bacon. We were unsure if some people were staying at our house Saturday night. They never got back to me. So have frozen the bacon in packs.I am suppose to go to a pot-luck later this week. I think it will be deviled eggs to get rid of some eggs.

i hope to go swimming at lunch today. it is just so cold to get motivated!

b greek yogurt, granola, strawberries

l chili, yogurt

s carrots hummus

d chicken, salad, green beans

s baby bel

Cal 838, carb 67.9 prot73.5

kellybelly333
on 1/5/15 12:10 am - Toronto, Canada

Good morning all,

Glad to be back to routine, although the kids are not pleased at all! :-)

Things I forgot today, my running shoes (was going to start the New Year off walking on the dreadmill at the gym at lunch...until I can run...four weeks today!) and my lunch. No idea what I will get.

B: goat yogurt mix

S: melba and laughing cow

L: no idea

D: bacon wrapped chicken and feta and salad

Need to add carbs to this menu, so i'll get more at lunch. Need my brain to function and all!

Happy New Year ALL!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active