Survived Holiday

Sandra L.
on 1/3/15 8:38 am

Well with the holiday season over.  I can say I survived. I cut back on all the extra goodies that I used to make.  New Years I decided not to drink.   It was very hard not doing any soccer and volleyball over the holidays.  I really missed them.  I am very excited to get back to playing soccer today and cannot wait for the end of the month for volleyball to re-start too.  I found it very hard not doing anything over the holiday.  I will after investigate what I can do next holiday season to ensure I keep my activity up after I have my surgery sometime this year.  Right now I need to focus on finding a temporary job until I have surgery.  And working on changing bad habits regarding food. So far I've been drinking more water and less pop.  One of the biggest problems I am having is not drinking while eating.  Any suggestions? Here's hoping 2015 is an amazing year for all of us.

March 2014 Doctor sent referal, Orientation Humber Aug 2014, Surgeon Nov. 2014, Trio Appt. Feb 2015 - Request transfer to Guelph Mar. 2015 Orientation Guelph April 9th, 2015 Initial one-on-one May 5th, 2015. Trio Appt. Aug. 14th, 2nd Trio Oct. 16.  Nov. 20 Approved. , Meeting Surgeon Dec. 23.  Opti Fast Jan. 14th, Surgery Date:  Jan. 28th 2016

Dreamy74
on 1/3/15 11:29 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi Sandra I am glad to hear you survived the holidays.  I too cut back a lot this year.  I did no baking this year, but I received quite a few tins of baked goods from friends so I just continually brought them to work to share amongst my co-workers and to prevent me from eating any of them.  It worked!

I am pre-surgery but have the appt. with the surgeon on January 16th.  I have been practicing with pureed foods, chewing 20-30 times per bite, and also not drinking while eating.  I have been drinking crystal light and I savour every sip and after my last sip I set a timer on my phone for 30 minutes and then I eat.  Once I have finished eating, I set the timer again for 30 minutes and I don't necessarily have a drink, it's just to tell me when it's safe to do so.  Not sure that this will work for you but you could try it. 

I used to work temporary jobs back in 2006.  I registered with a temp agency and was able to have steady income, it was great.  Maybe you could register with some agencies?  Do you have a date for your surgery yet?

Sandra L.
on 1/4/15 12:43 am

Thanks for the great idea on the drinking, I'll start trying that.  I've listed with several temp agencies already so its just a waiting game right now.  I don't have a surgery date yet, I have my trio date early Feb. Once those appointments are done I'll get my surgery date.  I'm hoping that its towards the end of soccer season so I don't have to miss too many games in the summer.

March 2014 Doctor sent referal, Orientation Humber Aug 2014, Surgeon Nov. 2014, Trio Appt. Feb 2015 - Request transfer to Guelph Mar. 2015 Orientation Guelph April 9th, 2015 Initial one-on-one May 5th, 2015. Trio Appt. Aug. 14th, 2nd Trio Oct. 16.  Nov. 20 Approved. , Meeting Surgeon Dec. 23.  Opti Fast Jan. 14th, Surgery Date:  Jan. 28th 2016

Most Active