Goals/Resolutions for 2015

Ipatton
on 12/30/14 11:18 am - Canada

Nothing too concrete I am fresh on the bench so I will be going through a lot of body changes this year.  I do however want to track some activity goals.  I will track steps, miles run/elliptical, push-ups, laps in the pool and whatever else I think of and my only goal will be to beat the total for the previous month.

Ipatton
on 12/30/14 11:18 am - Canada

Nothing too concrete I am fresh on the bench so I will be going through a lot of body changes this year.  I do however want to track some activity goals.  I will track steps, miles run/elliptical, push-ups, laps in the pool and whatever else I think of and my only goal will be to beat the total for the previous month.

highlandbear
on 12/30/14 11:42 am - Canada

Mine is to work on speed in my running and to hopefully find out why I have knee issues on race day when I have 6k or less left in the race.  I have been saving to buy my first road bike for my triathlons and I hope to get one in the new year. 

My biggest thing for the new year is to learn to accept the weight that I am at. For the last 2 years I have tried to lose 10 pounds but I am staying around the 137 mark never going over. I have lost 2 inches of my waist but I want the scale number to go down and my trainer keeps telling me it could just be where my body is comfortable and may not want to go down those 10 pounds. I am really going to try and just forget trying to lose and just keep from gaining. Learn to love me which is a hard thing for me

kellybelly333
on 12/30/14 10:13 pm - Toronto, Canada

I know what you mean Barb. I'm around 135, but would like to get 10 pounds off so that I can have less to carry around when I run. I read that every pound is a minute off your time. How's that for a postcard for athletes to go down the eating disorder route? I am still at goal, but prefer being under as well. 

Are you foam rolling at all? If not, add that to your routine. A lot of us have IT band issues near the end of a race, which presents as knee pain. 

Learn to love you...do it!! You're an amazing lady, own it! (but really, I know what you mean, I have to work on it too!)

Happy New Year Barb!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

highlandbear
on 12/31/14 5:31 am - Canada

That minute and pound is pretty scary for those athletes who are real serious. No wonder you have so many athletes with eating disorder.

I do use a foam roller not as often as I should. I will start using it more. I have one in the apartment so no excuse not to use it. I have an MRI coming up on the 16. They are concern that I can run on the knee but when I go and take walk breaks that is when the knee hurts and the person who is looking after me saw how much swelling there was in the knee when I crossed the finish line. He is a great friend, doctor and runner so he will do his best to figure this out for me.

I promise I am going to love me. One of the hardest thing they say is to stand in front of a mirror and look at one self and say I love you. I am going to try it in the new year and keep doing it until I can do it comfortable.

Have a great new year

kellybelly333
on 12/31/14 6:25 am - Toronto, Canada

Ohh I forgot about the swelling! Let me know how your MRI goes. I hope to be running the Around the Bay, so I will see you there! Love you...I do, so you should too :)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

highlandbear
on 1/1/15 9:06 am - Canada

Please let me know if you run it and we can meet when you pick up race kit. Do you have a time set that you want to do it in if you do it. Race kit pick up is always Friday and Saturday nothing on race day. It will be sad if we do not get to run the beast this year. keeping fingers cross that we do

Hanneli xoxo
on 12/30/14 9:52 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

this may sound silly but "to be a bit more tolerant of stupid people" lol

kellybelly333
on 12/30/14 10:13 pm - Toronto, Canada

I actually have to be LESS tolerant of stupid people. I am always over-tolerant, and that's not always a great thing.

Hanneli xoxo
on 12/30/14 11:25 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

they stress me out and I get angsty and defensive and stuff lol.. 

Most Active