Goals/Resolutions for 2015

kellybelly333
on 12/30/14 1:57 am - Toronto, Canada

I posted this in a group, and thought you might like to discuss here too. 

I love new beginnings. WLS was my biggest new beginning almost 4 years ago. My goals are all race-related these days (as my tagline suggests), but I'm also making it a goal to cut out the negative people in my life. I hang on to people who are negative, because i've been friends with them for a few years, or many years. I'm old enough to realize that I don't have to hang on to them any longer. 

How about you?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

roxytrim
on 12/30/14 2:59 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

While I'm not a big fan of "new years" resolutions (I think anytime is a good reason to change things up) I am going to get my random spending under control.  With my weight being stable now for 8 months, I have a sufficent wardrobe now.  While it has been really fun and reinforcing to go into a clothing store and just anything fits....it's time for me to get that devil wrestled to the ground too.  Don't need to trade off one addiction for another right?

kellybelly333
on 12/30/14 10:02 pm - Toronto, Canada

I still buy things. My weight has been stable for almost three years, but things have shifted. I didn't lose much weight after my panni surgery, but that made a different in what things looked like on me. My body seems to shift all the time. But I have certainly made a wardrobe for myself, and I don't spend much anymore!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

NorthernStar
on 12/30/14 5:10 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I'm a little hesitant to make resolutions this year. Last year, I had 3 goals: complete a 10k run, complete a mud run/obstacle course and lose the last 15 lbs. I didn't do any of those things. I have had an extremely stressful year with lots of change. One year later, I didn't accomplish those goals but I did maintain my weight, I exercised regularly and I even got out for a few runs. I guess that is pretty decent.

So I am repeating those goals again: I want to complete a 10k and I want to lose the last 15 lbs. I am breaking my weight goal down into 5 lb increments to make it easier. I already picked a race (August) and I will sign up when registration opens in a few weeks.

(I do still really want to complete a mud run but there are none in the London area and it looks like I may not be able to get vacation time around the time of Warrior Dash in Barrie or Tough Mudder in TO so I'm going to leave that off the list; too much is out of my control. If one pops up that I can attend I will definitely do it)

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

kellybelly333
on 12/30/14 10:05 pm - Toronto, Canada

Tough Mudder takes a lot of strength along with cardio. I haven't tried that one yet, as it hasn't been good timing with marathon training. I might do it in 2016. I love you fitness goals!

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/14 9:28 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Love the hair, thought you were a new person posting here LOL.

Mine is to put myself out there more in social situations, stay home less. I was thinking of taking spanish or french language group classes, I have also joined yoga (which I cannot start until February per my centre) But both are things I have wanted to do, but just avoided because they were out of my comfort zone. Ultimately I just want to enjoy 2015 more, and not spend it on my couch.

kellybelly333
on 12/30/14 10:09 pm - Toronto, Canada

I thought I should change my avatar to match my hair. I will be blonde again by summer, but red for now :-)

I love yoga!! And cool that you're going to learn a new language. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/15 9:23 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I go red often too in the fall. Makes me feel more feisty! 

Blueiiis
on 12/30/14 10:05 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

No concrete resolutions... Just going to keep on track, keep up being positive, and enjoying all the little and huge milestones.  

Happy New Year everyone! All the best for 2015 😊

kellybelly333
on 12/30/14 10:09 pm - Toronto, Canada

All the best  to you too!

Most Active