Where did you lose your weight first?

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/14 1:28 am, edited 12/29/14 1:42 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I know everyone's different. I carry most of my weight in the bottom section. My things and butt are huge. I also have large arms. I always seem to lose in the midsection and face first. 

Im pretty pleased that in my 58lbs lost, my waist has went from a 47" to now a 32" that's just crazy to me! My thighs are also losing quite a bit. And my butt looks slightly flatter. It's no longer a shelf. This is all making me very happy! 

Just hoping my arms catch up. I've always covered my arms, as I've disliked them forever. I love wearing dresses, and while I've managed to find some shrug options and cute dresses with 3/4 sleeves, it'd be nice to be comfortable going sleeveless! For once! 

I'm picturing losing weight everywhere, and still having these large upper arms... Cant wait to get the OK to work out! Lifting will probably help this... Hopefully! Did you find your arms were one of the last areas to lose weight? 

msmuggins
on 12/29/14 2:43 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I lose in my face and upper body first... even now, with 20lbs gone, people have already noticed -- I'm sure this will be doubly true after surgery.  Even when I was thin I felt my thighs were larger than I'd like -- I'm hoping that this time around I'll be able to exercise them into submission   I'm sure my thighs will be the last bastion of flab, unfortunately.

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/14 2:57 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

No one noticed with me until about 35lbs, or at least they didn't say anything..  I am in the same frame of mind, exercise them into submission! I can already see my inner thighs are going to have a lot of flab left. Hoping it snaps a little back into place, but some loose skin is bound to happen, of course.

msmuggins
on 12/29/14 3:18 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I'm already planning for the plastics -- certainly breast lift and tummy tuck.  Not sure I'd want to go near a thigh lift (I've heard they are super painful and sometimes the scarring is awful).  One of the things getting me through thoughts of surgery next Monday is that the RNY is bound to be easier than the plastic surgery will be.  

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/14 3:33 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

OH I am not... I have looked at the pictures, and read up on it, and the recovery just looks so painful. I think I will be happy without it, but we shall see... I do however want a breast reduction, if these puppies don't shrink, which past history has told me, they aren't going to. 

Wow, time flew by! I remember meeting at TWH, and thinking January seemed so far away, and now here we are. I'm really excited for you. I know you will be beyond prepared. :) 

msmuggins
on 12/29/14 3:48 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Yes, my head is spinning actually -- it felt like forever and now suddenly it's only 6 days away! I had a challenging weekend, I must admit.  I started to feel really overwhelmed when I was trying to figure out my supplementation timings and make sure that I had everything I needed.  And just in general starting to worry about the surgery now that it's so close.   It kind of freaked me out.  I learned a good lesson though -- normally when I used to feel like this, I would use food to anesthetize myself.  But now, I'm on Opti so that's not an option.  I had to just sit there and feel overwhelmed.  And you know, it was awful, but I got over it.  So in a sense, it was an NSV -- I was able to cope with my feelings without using food.  Small victory, but victory nonetheless. 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/14 11:45 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Breath in, breath out! The supplement schedule will become so easy with time. Based on what you've shared, you have more then enough and are ready!  Good job on getting over that feeling, that is definitely a NSV. Opti is hard, but it will all be worth it in the end. Six DAYS! 

NorthernStar
on 12/29/14 3:20 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I still have flabby arms so yes, it's one of the last area to go (for me anyways). I gained my weight all over pretty evenly, and I found it came off pretty evenly.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/14 3:34 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I think I am a gainer / loser evenly too. Hopefully once I start lifting weights, I will notice a change. 

Mazey_x
on 12/29/14 8:12 am, edited 12/29/14 8:12 am - Peterborough, Canada
VSG on 08/19/14

Mine was definatly my face.  I carried all the weight from the middle up..my bottom half was always small.  Even at 376 lbs i could wear a 16.  Now after losing 124lbs i have crazy turkey neck hah.. i absolutly hate it...my arms are half the size and my boobs went from a DD to MAYBE a C and I kind of have a waist which I've never had.  It's nice seeing everything get smaller..I bought a size 8 in lululemon pants the other day which was crazy.  I'm 52 pounds away from my goal but I have a feeling I won't be happy there.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

1. Referal: Aug 17th 2011            Orientation:Nov ,2011 Nurse Practitioner: Dec 22nd 2011   Social Worker: Dec 22nd 2011 Nutrition Class: April 3rd, 2012       Dietitian:April 3rd, 2012 Psychologist:April 2nd, 2012    
  2. Follow up Dietitian: November 16th 2012  Follow up Psychologist: August 28th 2012     Surgeon Meeting:Feb 17, 2012     2nd Surgeon Meeting: April 2014         VSG Surgery Date: Aug 19th 2014
Most Active