My 600lb life' marathon on this evening

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/15 4:40 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Starts at 8pm, on TLC for anyone who hasn'****ched it. Every episode from last season. I haven't seen all episodes, so that is my New Years day plans! TV and lazy day for me. I believe the new season starts January 7th. 

Happy New Years all! Pretty sure this will be my best year yet.  

Leanne1
on 1/1/15 5:29 am - Newmarket, Canada

I can't bring myself to watch that show, at all. It makes me want to cry, literally.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/15 9:53 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I cry during it too, but its nice to see happy endings, when they happen. 

Leanne1
on 1/1/15 9:53 am - Newmarket, Canada

that's true

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

jaxie77
on 1/1/15 5:34 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Happy New Year doll !!

I am having the exact same day you are having ! Except I'm pretty sure Hubby will downright forbid me to watch episode after episode of My 600 lb life  So instead I shall pvr  them ! 

We had people over last night as we usually do , it was nice and I did great . We ordered in pizza instead of me cooking up a storm . I said i would have , no problem ....I felt up to it , but I think they all felt bad as I just had surgery 2 weeks ago . So it was actually very nice and easy ! So while they all enjoyed pizza I reheated some left over salmon I had from the  night before . And I was happy ! No booze , which meant no hangover and waking up to a clean and tidy house this morning :)) ......I literally washed my face , changed my knickers and got my jammies back on !! Lol ...We've been on a movie marathon ever since. LOVE IT ! I will drag these guys out for a walk later though I think , need to move a little bit . 

Anyway dear , hope you had a good night and I wish you all all the best for 2015 !   

May the best ye hae ivver seen be the warst  ye'll  ivver see

May the moose ne'er lea' yer girnal  wi a tear-drap in its ee 

May ye aye keep hail an hertie till ye'r auld eneuch  tae dee 

May ye aye juist be sae happie as A wuss ye aye tae be ' 

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/15 9:57 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Sounds like the perfect New Years, and perfect New Years day! I knew you'd do so well, I am right now having so many non hungry days' I need to eat more! I am noticing my weight stalls for sure when I slow down on my calories, so MUST make a strong effort to get them in! I am still on my monthly thing too!!!  I am contacting TWH tomorrow to see what the nurse advises. I can't be on it forever! Its been forever! Right when it seems about to end, it comes back! Terrible.

Wish you all the best for 2015 too, this is our year lady! 

msmuggins
on 1/1/15 6:51 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Happy New Years to you girls too!  No booze or parties for me last night either -- there's no Opti New Year's ****tail recipe available that I was aware of That said, I'm really glad that there were no hangovers for me today and so far it's been a beautiful and peaceful way to start 2015.  A friend of mine and her husband ran the Hair of the Dog marathon in the Beaches this morning, and thus starts my first of many resolutions for 2015 -- I'm going to join them for that run next year!  I'm seriously excited by that idea.  2015 is our oyster, people!  Bring it on!  

PS: Jax -- I love the little ditty that you added to your message above!  Very sweet!  

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/15 9:59 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Hahaha, no hangovers feel great! I used to get really bad ones that took two days for recovery! Not as young as i used to be. That's a great goal, maybe I will join you next year!

Wishing you all the best, and soon I'll see your butt on the bench lady! 

msmuggins
on 1/2/15 1:47 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

i ended up watching the marathon last night (or parts of it).  What's funny is that I haven'****ched this show since before I was actively considering WLS, or if it was during, I wasn't as acutely aware of the post-op eating requirements as I am now.  I found myself watching these people eating things and amounts that I knew were absolutely not allowed and screaming "Nooooooooooooo!" at the screen!  Also, I can't believe that none of these people had significant issues with dumping given some of them were clearly eating high fat/high sugar, deep fried things post-op!  Watching that show was really stressful because very few of the people featured correctly followed a post-op diet.  But then again, maybe it was edited by TLC to make them seem completely out of control.  Also, I could no****ch the very graphic surgery parts (especially given that I'm going under the knife on Monday!).

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/15 3:12 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I know!!! When I watched some episodes last night, I couldn't believe the amount of food they could eat so quickly... They had to have been in uncomfortable pain, they had too! And the food choices. It's really sad to watch that addiction, and struggle. Obviously we all have some food issues, it's why we are where we are, but this surgery, for me, was my LAST resort, I'd never sabotage that. I'm sure I'll slip up one day,  but I haven't yet, and you definitely won't catch me eating chilli dogs and deep fried chicken fingers. 

Stop worrying, you are going to rock it. Really excited for you, and to hear your post op successes. 

Most Active