Plastic Surgery Compression Garments - Toronto ???

koremins
on 12/29/14 11:43 pm - Canada

I'm 15 yrs post op, have had many many plastic surgeries over the yrs. All the plastic surgeries that were done 15 yrs ago following bariatric surgery need to be redone now (aging, loss of skin elasticity, etc).  I'm just finding I"m spending a ton of money on compression garments for every surgery.  Does anyone know if there's a place to buy pre-worn compression garments, or to trade garments with others.  Each of them cost 100.00 or more to buy and I usually need two per surgery (one for laundering)...and it can get expensive.  I'm currently in need of arm lift compression garments, size small or medium, and I have thigh lift, tummy tuck, and lower body lift compression garment available in large and xl size.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mindy

Delicious_Delilah
on 12/30/14 12:30 am - Ottawa, Canada

I just had an upper arm lift and thigh lift, and used tensor bandages for both. That's what the doctor used and sent me home with.  I bought a few extra for cleaning purposes. They have worked well. He initially said I would need to wear them for six weeks, but after seeing him at the two week mark, he said I could start tapering off -- apparently I'm a fast healer, and everything was so well healed that I no longer need them to prevent the "seams" from spreading.  The tummy tuck i had this summer, I did use the binder for the whole six weeks. The binder itself was provided by the surgeon. 

So chech with your surgeon. Perhaps he/she provides. 

DD

tlj1974
on 12/30/14 12:42 pm

Out of curiosity approximately how much does the arm and thigh lift cost?  And where do you go to have it done?

Delicious_Delilah
on 12/31/14 12:18 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I paid about $6,000 for each. Different doctors will charge differently. This included hospital fees. My Centre referred me to a plastic surgeon here in Ottawa. He has a private practice plus works with the Ottawa Hospital.  You can ask for a referral if do your own research and call directly in many cases. They will want you to be at a stable weight for at least six months. 

DD

cutekatie
on 12/30/14 6:53 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Maybe check Kijiji or Ebay?

Not sure why you are paying for your garments though. When I had a tummy tuck the surgeon provided both garments that I needed. It was all part of the cost.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Needanewbeginning
on 12/30/14 1:28 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I just had my tummy tuck done November 21st. I came out of surgery with a binder on, no charge for it. I did however purchase one from my surgeon for $64.00. I honestly could have continued to use the one I had from surgery though, but as you said, its great to have two.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Mary A.
on 1/7/15 4:49 am
On December 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM Pacific Time, Needanewbeginning wrote:

I just had my tummy tuck done November 21st. I came out of surgery with a binder on, no charge for it. I did however purchase one from my surgeon for $64.00. I honestly could have continued to use the one I had from surgery though, but as you said, its great to have two.

I was the same, although my binder didn't cost me anything..at least I never got a bill for it

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active