Dr. David Urbach - Consensus is not all too bad?

Wesley T.
on 12/29/14 5:00 am - Canada

Dr. David Urbach

MD, MSc, FRCSC, FACS

I have of course done research on this Surgeon and have found all general ranges of replies from sources. Most of them being very favorable. What is your opinion of Dr. Urbach? I have not seen many updated search results in the OH pages, this is why I ask. 

Thank you all! Happy pouching! 

P.S. I have of course Dr. Urbach for my Surgeon Apt on Feb 06th. Very excited for surgery soon after!!! My turn! 

REFERRAL: FEB 14 ORIENTATION: AUG 22/14 SOCIAL WORKER: SEP 19/14 NURSE PRACTITIONER: OCT 22/14 PHARMACIST: OCT 23/14 

SURGEON APT: FEB 06/15 SURGERY DATE: APRIL 13/15 HW: 333 (Pre-Optifast) CW: 260.5

msmuggins
on 12/29/14 5:44 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Hi Wesley,

Dr. Urbach is supposed to do my surgery on Jan. 5th -- I'll let you know how it goes with him.  I've heard from others that he's very good (and more importantly, to my knowledge, most that have had him as their surgeon have not reported any significant complications that were related to his skill as a surgeon).  

Thanks for asking this -- I'm looking forward to reading what the post-ops who had him say in response. 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Patm
on 12/29/14 9:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I did not meet him at the meet the surgeon session. He never came. I did meet him for 5 minutes before he did my surgery. I have never seen him since. So he can be illusive but at nearly 3 years I have never had a problem with the surgery. SO he did a great job.

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/14 1:16 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

He performed my RNY, and I have not had any problems. I will mention, he did also come visit me the day after surgery to see how I felt, which based on the boards, seems to be rare that the surgeon does that. 

KerryF.
on 12/29/14 8:56 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I too only saw him for 5 minutes before my surgery and he was not my scheduled surgeon. But TWH tells you that you don't always get the surgeon you met at the surgeons appointment pre-op.  I'm guessing you are doing your pre-op appointments via teleconference and that's why you haven't met the surgeon yet?  I guess the best thing to know is ALL the surgeons out of TWH have amazing success stories and you are in great hands with whoever you get on surgery day 

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Onward and
Downward

on 12/31/14 6:58 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Dr. Urbach assisted during my surgery with Dr. Aarts and visited me during his rounds while I was recovering. I've had no complications at all, and he has a great bedside manner. All in all, great. :). You're in good hands.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

sadgirl89
on 1/2/15 2:51 am

He did my RNY although I haven't met him (well maybe I did but was to drugged up in the hospital to remember) he is a wonderful surgeon I'm 2 and a half weeks out and I must say I'm feeling great. My scars from surgery are so small you can barely see them!

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/15 9:25 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Mine are too! WAY smaller than my mothers who had her surgery at Guelph. Barely even noticeable. Happy about that!

Most Active