What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

Onward and
Downward

on 12/28/14 8:57 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks - it's nice to catch up with everyone. :) I need to make time for this in my daily routine again - most importantly, I miss everyone, and secondarily, it's also a great way to focus.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

kellybelly333
on 12/28/14 11:22 pm - Toronto, Canada

I can't do clementines on their own....unless i'm in the middle of a workout. Or my RH hits. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Onward and
Downward

on 12/28/14 8:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

P.S. Barb, I guess it's been a while since I was on OH - I see you've now lost 20 lbs of your regain. Congratulations, that's great! I think you were at 15 last time I saw your tagline!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

birdiegirl
on 12/28/14 8:51 pm

thanks - You would think I would just buckle down and get it all off quickly....but nooooo.  I lose a few - then maintain for a few weeks or more - then get focused again and lose a few more. 

I am pleased though.  I feel in control even when I'm not - if that makes any sense.  Now when I eat frivolously I know that it is a short term thing instead of long lasting pattern.

Onward and
Downward

on 12/28/14 8:54 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I think that's just the way it is over the long term, Barb - it's the first year that we do the dramatic weight loss thing, but afterwards, it's the slow changes that probably stick best. It doesn't sound like a bad process to me, the losing, then maintaining, then losing some more. Looks to me like you're doing great!

Karen M.
on 12/28/14 10:12 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Been up since 2:30, not sure why I didn't post before now. lol So glad to see everyone is doing well and survived the holiday nom-fest. Tanya, so glad to see you back :)

Have to run a few errands today and the plan is to drive out to the Costco in Scarberia (they have the outerwear company "road show" that I unfortunately missed in south Miss a month ago and I need a new winter coat and they were gorgeous, should have braved the crowds at my Costco a month ago dammit!) this afternoon, not sure what else other than some cooking for the week and house stuff. Need to make an appointment with my family doc for blood labs too - pretty sure my iron is low again. I am SO glad to be back in my "routine" again! Well, other than being off work for the remainder of the week - hopefully it doesn't feel like starting back all over again next Monday. LOL

Interesting re. the number of us staying in for New Years - Andrew and I have decided to stay in too (make a nice meal together, have a romantic evening ;)). Now that I finally plugged in my Chromecast and synched it up, the (movie/TV) world is quite literally my oyster. LOL Just about the best $35 I've spent. Well, except for my Coach boots a couple of months ago, but they were considerably more than the Chromecast. haha

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake, Greek yogurt

S - 1 egg scrambled up with some diced onions, peppers & mushrooms, 2 slices bacon, sliced tomatoes 

L - Greek yogurt, 2 halo oranges, 1 ham/cheese/pickle roll-up

S - I'll be out, will bring a Chike protein iced coffee with me in the car (lord knows it's cold enough lol)

D - 1 cabbage roll (I'm so glad I made 2 pans of cabbage rolls a couple of months ago!), Caesar salad

S - not sure yet

Have a marvelous Monday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 12/28/14 11:04 pm

I love routine too......at least we are in the home stretch of the holidays

Karen M.
on 12/28/14 11:10 pm - Mississauga, Canada

For some unknown reason I ended up with a lot of baked goods (admittedly I made Nanaimo bars, but to give away... but still lol) and chocolate in my house this year and it's making me uncomfortable. Time to gift it!

I actually miss my morning "work routine"!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

softballqueen89
on 12/29/14 4:39 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

Thanks so much for posting this stuff.  For me, while I wait in the wings for surgery, I like to get an idea of what my new life will be like.

Couple questions - what is "RH" and where does one buy this Chike? you speak of?

T.

Referral: 08.13.14  Orient (TWH): 11.05.14  Social: 11.27.14  Nurse Prac: 12.10.14  Psych: 01.12.15 Nutrition Class: 11.18.14  Scope: 01.06.15  Dietician: 12.12.14  Meet Surgeon: 02.06.15  Pre-Op Testing: 02.18.15  SURGERY DATE: 02.24.15 (Dr. Okrainec)    

birdiegirl
on 12/29/14 7:20 am

Google chike and you will find the site to order online. 

RH stands for Reactive Hypoglycemia - a side effect for some of RNY surgery.  ( not sure of VSG).  Essentially our blood sugar drops too low if we eat too m any simple carbs and sugar.  I regulate mine very well with proper eating - lots of protein with limited simple carbs and sugar.

Hope the time goes quickly for you - read back pages and pages to give you the info you need to be a success.

Most Active