Lady stuff..

Seyenna
on 12/28/14 4:03 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I started my period 2 days before my surgery. Immediately after it slowed down for a day or two, and has stuck around since (almost 2 weeks). This is beyond silly, lol. I really want it to end!

In better news, I'm handling mushy foods pretty well. My "fullness" is just a heavy feeling just under my ribcage, but my pouch and I are getting along fine. I've only had 1 issue of throwing up, pretty sure it was a reaction to some homemade tomato soup I made. 

P.S. I have not been able to stomach jello after the gross stuff they gave me at the hospital.

P.S.S For anyone about to start their surgery journey, don't overbuy for your shopping list. I picked up a 6 pack each of yogurt, jello, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and several cans of soup and I didn't even use a 1/3rd of it. A can of soup lasts me 3 days (2 weeks out).

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Catw
on 12/28/14 10:26 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Sounds like you are doing really well so far.  Keep it up.

As for your period, it can get a little weird for a bit after surgery.  If it's still flowing heavy, I'd ask at the clinic or your GP about it.  One thing to watch for is your iron levels.  If you are bleeding heavy, it can deplete them.  Some of this is with shift in hormones and stuff.  I don't remember just out, but I did end up with actually feeling symptoms of my cycle more than before.  I ended up asking my GP and she put me on `the pill` to help alleviate some of the symptoms.  It`s been working OK for that.  I wouldn`t trust it for birth control though.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/14 12:28 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I had two periods this month, abd I'm still on the second one. Overall I'd guesstimate, I'll have been on my period for a total of three weeks in December. Ugh. End any day now please! 

Glad ad you're doing well! 

sadgirl89
on 1/2/15 3:00 am

I honestly hate that feeling of fullness it's so uncomfortable

Most Active