Appointments

blueeyes95
on 12/27/14 12:17 pm - Toronto , Canada

Hi Everyone,

Ive been reading everyone's questions and answer you guys do amazing job with giving us newbies information to educate ourselves for our new journey. My question is what should I expect from my appointment with the psychologicalist ?? I'm nervous of this appointment is to see how my mental health is?? I also have my two appointments with the nutrition classes and then another nutrition appointment. I have no test to do. So what's next after these appointments?? All my appointments should be done by the end of March. 

Thanks B

softballqueen89
on 12/28/14 5:16 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

Hey B...that is the ONLY appointment I haven't had yet...lol.
Although I can't give you any inside information, my advice would be to, relax, and be yourself :)

This whole process is done with our well-being in mind.  I think these appointments are just to gauge our preparedness for the huge lifestyle change that is necessary to be successful with weight loss surgery.

I have mine January 12th - if you haven't had yours by then, I can give you the Coles notes!!

Once all of the appointments are done, you will meet with the surgeon.  Then the entire team will meet to discuss your progress overall, and decide whether you are good to move on to surgery.  In most cases, I would imagine, you could expect a surgery date shortly thereafter.

I hope this helps...I know how you feel.  We have all been there at one point :)

T.

Referral: 08.13.14  Orient (TWH): 11.05.14  Social: 11.27.14  Nurse Prac: 12.10.14  Psych: 01.12.15 Nutrition Class: 11.18.14  Scope: 01.06.15  Dietician: 12.12.14  Meet Surgeon: 02.06.15  Pre-Op Testing: 02.18.15  SURGERY DATE: 02.24.15 (Dr. Okrainec)    

Luckyclover84
on 12/28/14 5:45 am - Canada

Sorry this is sorta off topic, you have had your nurse practitioner appointment, what did that entail? I am wondering when they are going to start sending me for blood work and other tests such as that. 

softballqueen89
on 12/28/14 5:53 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

Hi Lucky,

I can only speak for my experience at TWH.  My Nurse Practitioner appointment was a very lengthy survey about my medical history.  There was a quick exam on my tummy and she checked my vitals (blood pressure, etc.).  I had to provide a urine sample as I have quit smoking and they want to ensure I'm being truthful, I guess. 

She measured my neck to determine if I needed a sleep study, I did not as I don't have any pre-existing sleep apnea, and my neck measurement is under the required inches to need a sleep study.

If there are any other tests that will be required, this is the appointment that they will be discussed.  If the nurse feels as though you don't need any extra tests you won't have to have them.

I have a lapband, therefore, I need to have a scope to ensure that the removal of the lap band and the RNY surgery can be done in the same shot.

She also gave me the requisition for my bloodwork, you don't need to fast, so I just went downstairs and did it before I left the hospital.

I hope this answers your questions!!

T.

Referral: 08.13.14  Orient (TWH): 11.05.14  Social: 11.27.14  Nurse Prac: 12.10.14  Psych: 01.12.15 Nutrition Class: 11.18.14  Scope: 01.06.15  Dietician: 12.12.14  Meet Surgeon: 02.06.15  Pre-Op Testing: 02.18.15  SURGERY DATE: 02.24.15 (Dr. Okrainec)    

Luckyclover84
on 12/28/14 5:58 am - Canada

That's awesome thank you! Also when do they give you your appointment with the surgeon?

Most Active