Depressed

awesome0118
on 12/27/14 8:11 am - Canada

My surgery is in January and my boyfriend just broke up with me

jaxie77
on 12/27/14 9:40 am, edited 12/27/14 9:41 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey , 

I'm sorry this happened !  Don't want to pry and ask about details and such . All I will say is , stay strong and look ahead to January and you doing something completely for you and you alone . You will need all the strength you can muster for the next month or more. It will be hard but try not to let this faze you and bring you down and off your path . I know the first thing I turned to in my last break up was food . Try to rise above that , while thinking that you're almost there and you will be healthy in mind body soul soon enough . The heart will always take a little longer .........I think we've all been through at least one tough break up and it scars . The right person is out there for you , but focus on you for now.

What date in January is your surgery?  And which clinic ? You must be getting quite excited now . Keep thinking that way and organizing yourself and things you need for before during and after , and it may help take your mind off of him . 

I wish you all the best . And keep us posted on how things go for you . 

Jax xx

awesome0118
on 12/28/14 12:55 am - Canada

Thank you for the support it really means alot.  I am excited to see all the changes especially being more confident but most importantly being healthy and finally being able to do the things I have always wanted to do.  My surgery is January 28 and I start Opti on January 7 for three weeks.

Patm
on 12/27/14 10:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Breaking up especially  at this time of year really sucks. But you have so much to look forward to next year. This is your time to do what is need for your health. DO not let this side tract you

awesome0118
on 12/28/14 12:55 am - Canada

Thank you for the support it really means alot.  I am excited to see all the changes especially being more confident but most importantly being healthy and finally being able to do the things I have always wanted to do.  My surgery is January 28 and I start Opti on January 7 for three weeks.

softballqueen89
on 12/27/14 10:44 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

Perfect storm my friend!!!

Look at 2015 as YOUR YEAR!!!!  You will be too busy getting your new life in order to worry about a boyfriend that left you.  Out with the old, and in with the new.

Sorry if this sounds insensitive, it's not meant to be that way.  Shed your tears, you owe it to yourself, but then move on and keep your eye on the prize.  You don't need to waste any time on someone who doesn't want to be a part of your life.  Be selfish, focus on you, be the best new you that you can be!!

All the best for your surgery in January - the road to a new you will be paved with sunshine.

T.

Referral: 08.13.14  Orient (TWH): 11.05.14  Social: 11.27.14  Nurse Prac: 12.10.14  Psych: 01.12.15 Nutrition Class: 11.18.14  Scope: 01.06.15  Dietician: 12.12.14  Meet Surgeon: 02.06.15  Pre-Op Testing: 02.18.15  SURGERY DATE: 02.24.15 (Dr. Okrainec)    

awesome0118
on 12/28/14 12:56 am - Canada

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/14 11:07 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Hi there!

Make this year about you! I had a terrible breakup prior to surgery, prior to the referral actually. I had finally mustered up the courage to tell him I was thinking of WLS, and he reassured me he would be by my side throughout the journey. Well that didn't happen. I felt completely lost at the time.

But I went ahead with the referral, and the entire process, alone, with not much family, or friends providing support. Your date will be here before you know it, and soon you will start to see all the successes, you will change, and trust me, the journey is hard enough, let alone worry about someone who isn't 100% by your side. You will have so much to focus on and so much to look forward to! Keep your chin up. Better days are just around the corner! xo 

awesome0118
on 12/28/14 12:56 am - Canada

awesome0118
on 12/28/14 12:53 am - Canada

Thank you everyone for the support it really means alot.  I am excited to see all the changes especially being more confident but mist important being healthy and finally being able to do the things I have always wanted to do.  My surgery is January 28 and I start Opti on January 7 for three weeks.

Most Active