Pre-Op Newbie

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 11:53 pm

Thank you Karen. My understanding is that once I meet the surgeon we pick a date?  Right?  I am so confident and ready. I've done a ton of research and ask a lot of questions. You learn a lot just chatting in the waiting rooms too!  Lol 

KarenHope
on 12/27/14 2:54 pm
RNY on 04/15/13

Well Rose, My surgery was in Ottawa. The Kingston assessment centre referred my file there once all the testing was done. So after I met with the surgeon I waited to hear back from Ottawa about a surgery date. It was a 6 weeks from that appointment to my surgery date. I had picked up my Optifast the day I met with the surgeon. I had to go back to Ottawa a couple of weeks before my surgery for my PATTS (cannot remember what all the letters stand for but is is a Pre surgery Assessment and testing session) You meet the anaesthesiologist and have blood work done in order to be prepared for the day of surgery.

All the centres are a bit different so if you let us know where you are having your surgery others who have been there can chime in with the process for that location. 

Keep reading and asking questions.

Karen

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

Most Active