Pre-Op Newbie

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 2:39 am

My journey began in July with my doctors referral.  I have struggled with weight all my life. I can only remember being 18!and quite confident. After the birth of my son (22 years ago) weight has been a constant battle.  I was introduced to this procedure by a friend who has been extremely successful having lost 120 pounds. Seeing the joy, relief, confidence and overall happiness in her has only strengthen my decision and desire to "be on the losers bench"   

Although I haven't been posting, I have been extremely encouraged by this blog!  I've learned so much and keep learning. 

In this journey through the TWH program, I'm at the point where I meet with the surgeon early January. I am so thrilled and almost in disbelief that soon I will have happiness in my life that only those who understand what it's like to be obese can appreciate. 

I wake up every morning thinking about my weight and its a struggle that can be very consuming at times.  I can't wait to feel comfortable in clothes and looking in the mirror with confidence. 

Thank ni you so much for all your posts and honesty and I look forward to the 1st day of Opti...yes Dan you believe that... Lol

thx for listening

Rose 

Ivanova8
on 12/26/14 3:50 am - Toronto, Canada

Welcome aboard Rose and thanks for introducing yourself!  

I can certainly relate to what you said.  Thinking about my weight, food and clothes that don't fit each and every day can be a drag.  But even after surgery I still have to think about making good food choices.  That won't ever change unless I want to be back to where I am now.  

Good luck on your journey.  May your surgery come quickly!

GP Referral June 2014 / Orientation Sept 2014 / Social Worker Oct 2014 / 1st Nurse Oct 2014 / Psych Oct 2014 / NUT Class & Dietitian Nov 2014 / 2nd Nurse Nov 2014 /Surgeon Consult Dec 2014 / Surgery Jan 12, 2015

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 3:59 am

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Weightloss is a lifestyle change for sure!  Looking forward to 2015 

Ivanova8
on 12/26/14 5:00 am - Toronto, Canada

Me too!  Keep us posted along the way.  

GP Referral June 2014 / Orientation Sept 2014 / Social Worker Oct 2014 / 1st Nurse Oct 2014 / Psych Oct 2014 / NUT Class & Dietitian Nov 2014 / 2nd Nurse Nov 2014 /Surgeon Consult Dec 2014 / Surgery Jan 12, 2015

Catw
on 12/26/14 4:21 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome to the board Rose.  Life is a journey, and yours has taken a new path.  While each step is new, and can be scary, know that you can always come here for support.  Everyone on this board has been where you are.  We're all friends here.

Good luck on your journey,

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 4:32 am

Thanks Cathy. This is the first time I've felt so comfortable sharing my true feelings. People on this forum get it...they understand. Feels good to be understood. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 11:44 pm

Thank you Cathy for the words of encouragement. It took me a while to open up and share my story but reading all the posts and feeling that "finally someone gets it" helped me out of my shell!  Thx so much 

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 9:10 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Welcome Rose!

Looking forward to watching your successes on the forum! I just had surgery October 20th, and am starting to feel like I am finally getting my life back, you will get there too. xo

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 11:50 pm

Hi Jennifer! I've been reading your posts and I was so happy that all went and is well. In fact you are doing amazing!  The holidays were tough although there was lots of love around me all I kept feeling was large. I want to feel good. Want to be free. Congrats Jennifer and keep posting xo

KarenHope
on 12/26/14 10:12 am
RNY on 04/15/13

Welcome Rose,

I have not posted much lately but check back on occasion. I had my surgery April 15, 2013. I have lost a little over 130 lbs. I have maintained my loss for the last 6 months. No regrets. I read everything posted on here for 6 months before I had my surgery and went in feeling confident I was as prepared as I could be. All the best as you prepare for your surgery. 

Karen

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

Most Active