What are you eating/doing today (Christmas Day)

Blueiiis
on 12/25/14 10:45 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Merry Christmas, everyone! What a crazy couple of days and am I ever glad it's over for another year.

Yesterday I did not eat enough food - was up and at work for 8am and went non stop until 1pm - was so busy no time for food.  Then hit the grocery store on the way home..... So "breakfast" was at 2:45pm.  

Today was a good day. I had pea meal bacon for breakfast, with a wee squirt of mustard.  Lunch was "skinny" taco dip, instead of tostitos I had Melba toast which are my one carby indulgence.  Had a piece of NSA chocolate from Laura Secord.  Greek yogurt for snack.  Turkey, 1tbsp mashed potatoes, 1 tbsp mashed carrot/turnip, 1 tbsp stuffing.  Did not finish all of my plate..... And left the table feeling awesome! I love not having the overstuffed, pants undone, bloated feeling after a big family meal.

i will admit the one thing I did miss this year was my Baileys, and assorted drinks over the holidays.  Honestly, I missed the booze more than any food that was served lol. I don't drink often, but when we get together with friends and family it's nice to have a few.  

Zizzler
on 12/25/14 12:37 pm

How was the nsa chocolate?  What do they use as sweetener? 

Blueiiis
on 12/25/14 10:11 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

It was pretty good, surprisingly.  They use maltitol I believe.....not sure as my husband bought it for me. It came in a little bag, not pre boxed so I can't check. 

Zizzler
on 12/25/14 10:29 pm

I really wish they would use a sf sweetner that is less likely to cause digestive upset.  Maybe someday eh?

Most Active