Found Out Real Weight....

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/15 2:03 am - Orillia, Canada

Thank you very much for your reply.  The DS sounds like something that I would really love to do.  I have read some of the dsfacts site.  I agree that it looks like an amazing opportunity.  PCOS can't be cured however, but the symptoms can go down quite a bit, finally I have been put on Metformin for my diabetes and it will help a bit with the PCOS.

nata
on 1/7/15 2:05 pm, edited 1/7/15 2:16 pm - Ottawa, Canada

PCOS can be cured. It's hormonal disorder and restoring hormonal health cures it. I had PCOS for 20 years (I'm 45 now). At 3.5 years after DS surgery I had Ultrasound checkup with my gynecologist - No sign of PCOS. I do this test every year now - no PCOS. The ovaries lost the "crown" - not sure what's the correct medical term for it, but that's how my doc called this "fluffy layer" surrounding ovaries with PCOS; it's gone and all symptoms are gone - facial and body hair disappeared, skin tags disappeared,  etc.

Some doctors say diabetes is not cured either, it's remission... tell me about it.

Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/15 7:33 pm - Orillia, Canada

I would be so happy if PCOS was curable but I have been told by several doctors it is not? But if all the symptoms go away I would be happy with that! I have PCOS without cysts present on my ovaries. Which is possible.  So yeah so fun.  

Most Active