Found Out Real Weight....

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/14 1:20 am - Orillia, Canada

I don't know whether to take this as an insult or a compliment.  My boyfriend has been with me for almost 3 years.  I was not as big as I am now when we got together, but I have always been a bigger girl.  Even though I am 600 lbs, I still bathe, I still walk (not as far as I used to be able to). I still can stand for up to 5 min to take my puppy dog outside to go to the bathroom.  I dress myself each day.  I am able to go to the bathroom without assistance.  My boyfriend loves me, and yes does help me out as far as rubbing my feet and putting lotion on my feet (cause they are the hardest to get to right now).  But I am fiercely independent.  I have pushed myself even at this size.  My boyfriend decided he wants to be here for me through this journey.

PaulaToronto
on 12/28/14 3:47 am - Toronto, Canada

I agree with the advice the previous posters have noted.  Your depression and eating disorder will have to be stable and you will need medical imput to support this.  Do you see a psych or therapist at this point?  I would highly suggest you get someone on board if you don't already.

Facing your weight number is a major first step. Please do as Dawn suggested and look at DS.  I did an tremendous amount of research before my surgery and DS was my first choice.  I did lose over 50 pounds pre surgery after being put on different meds for my diabetes and really sticking to a high protein, low carb diet so only did a VSG. 

Keep posting and good luck.  It is a lengthy ride to surgery but use that time to research , prepare, get ready mentally and start to change eating habits. 

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/14 8:11 am - Orillia, Canada

Hey,

I just wanted to say thank you for being supportive. :) I am currently seeing a psychiatrist, who I have been seeing for awhile and I am going to be starting to see a counselor again shortly. I am really thinking of going on a Low GI diet. I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) so I have been researching on that as well and I have read that people that have PCOS benefit from following a low carb and low GI diet.  I also have diabetes so a lower GI diet would help as well with that.

Zizzler
on 12/28/14 10:14 am

I have PCOS too and low carb high protein does help, along with medication and exercise.  Most people do not understand how PCOS causes your body to not lose weight while at the same time makes it super easy to gain weight rapidly.  It also causes hormone fluctuations, which makes you have crazy cravings.  Your endocrinologist may have specific advice in your case.

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/14 11:10 am - Orillia, Canada

Unfortunately I have never been to a endocrinologist. My Gynocologist was the one who diagnosed me with PCOS.  My family doctor is a joke and doesn't do anything. So I am requesting a referral to an endocrinologist. I was just diagnosed with Diabetes like last week due to my doctor finally having to take a blood sample and do testing because I am trying to have weight loss surgery. My doctor also wanted nothing to do with me having precancerous cells in my cervix.  Thankfully I have a half decent Gynocologist that I was referred to by my local emerge department. 

Zizzler
on 12/28/14 12:10 pm

Glad to hear you are being referred to an endo, there is no cure for PCOS but there is treatment for some of the symptoms. So sorry to hear that your doctor never referred you, that is a shame.  It took me almost 15 years of symptoms and switching doctors to be referred to an endo.  Your doctor sounds awful, I hope you switch to a better one. 

on 12/29/14 10:54 am

It a compliment girl enjoy

VSG TO DS REVISION 

jaxie77
on 12/28/14 4:53 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

???? Did I seriously just read this comment ? What on earth would make you write something like this ? Regardless of a persons weight , they are still just that , a person ! An actual real person with a ( very intelligent from what I can gather ) brain , a mind of their own and a heart to give love and receive love. I'm shocked that you would think it ok to ask/ say such a crass thing to someone who , like a lot of us on these boards , is going through a tough stage in their , very real , lives . 

Jax 

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/14 6:01 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Ridiculous... You lack some serious tact. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/14 6:07 am - Orillia, Canada

Thank you to all of you who have been so wonderful and providing amazing feedback and suggestions.  Thank you all for listening to me! It means a lot to have people listen and provide me with advice. :)

Most Active