Found Out Real Weight....

Blithe1212
on 1/7/15 2:59 pm
VSG on 03/05/14

If we all had control of our eating we wouldn't need this surgery and everyone would get denied. That shouldnt even be a concern. Don't worry, easier said than done. Honestly if you get denied for anxiety or depression it's because they want it under control. Weight loss brings out a lot of emotions, especially if you are used to using food for comfort(yup that's me). I actually had to learn to deal with my emotions(still working on it). Not to mention all the hormones being released when the fat melts off.

Anyone would be anxious afraid and depressed if they were treated badly just going to get groceries. This is reason to want to stay in. 

I have anxiety also. I just take my meds like I am supposed to, shows I am trying. Go to therapy if I need to. 

I applaud your decision to get your health in check. That is the best thing you can do for yourself and your loved ones. 

I wish you the best!

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/15 7:51 pm - Orillia, Canada

Thank you so much for the reply.  Yeah I have bad anxiety and bad depression at times.  I also am a constant worrier! :( I need to start looking at the positive side.  I need to get my health in check.  I am in constant pain. Thank you for being so kind!

emilyFIT
on 12/27/14 1:43 am - Ontario, Canada

Weight is just a number. It only becomes something more than that when you let it.

Before you found out your weight, how did you feel? I'm going to assume that you had lots of hope, were making positive changes in your life, and were setting yourself up for success. Now in your post I sense fear, guilt, frustration, etc.

Change is hard and the emotions associated with so many bad choices is real. But what can one do about their past and where we currently are as a result of those historical decisions? The answer is nothing. None of us can change our past — only the future, and we can only do that by making conscientious decisions in the present.

Don't let the number on the scale get you off track. Continue to set yourself for success by making positive changes and actively living in the moment and soon enough where you started won't matter at all.

You got this.

emilyFIT.com | Follow my journey from super morbidly obese to functionally fit.

Zizzler
on 12/27/14 4:49 am, edited 12/27/14 4:49 am

I really do not have anything to add, other posters have said it all very well. To me food is like drugs or alcohol addiction, it takes lifelong dedication but it can be done.  You will have bumps in the road where you slip. Forgive yourself and try to learn from it, then and get back on track a quickly as possible.  Use the supports on this site and at your centre, do not be afraid to ask for help if you need it.  As Big Willy said on Masterchef "your attitude will determine your altitude".  You can do this as long as you do not give up on yourself.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/27/14 5:14 am - Windsor, Canada

Welcome to OH. Lots of great support here. 

I was just wondering if you have considered the Duodenal Switch? At your bmi, it's really worth considering if you have not.

Good luck!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/14 6:30 am - Orillia, Canada

Hello, 

No to be honest I have not really thought about it.  I need something that will be covered by OHIP. Is it covered by OHIP?  I am leaning towards the sleeve if possible right now, then maybe a revision to RNY later.  But I have to speak to the surgeon and find out the best course of action for me.

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/27/14 7:02 am - Windsor, Canada

It is done but typically only for those with a bmi over 60 and it requires a very educated patient.  Please research and learn about it www.dsfacts.com.  It's one of the best kept secrets in Ontario.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/14 11:14 am - Orillia, Canada

Awesome! Thank you, I will research that as well. :) Thank you everyone for the replies and support it really means a lot to me.

NorthernStar
on 12/27/14 6:42 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I just want to echo the kind words and great advice you have been given. Barb has given you some great tipes above, I agree 100%. I also think Dawn has a good point about looking into the DS - it is worth considering.

It is hard but we are here as a support. I wish you all the best. It's ok to be upset and it's ok to cry when you need to. Just put one foot in front of the other and start making those changes. Come here when you need tips, advice, support or just someone to let you vent.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

on 12/27/14 10:11 pm

You have a boyfriend at 600 ibs?you go girl!

VSG TO DS REVISION 

Most Active