Had my first and hopefully last throw up episode

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/14 4:14 am, edited 12/24/14 4:24 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

It was complete chunks of what looked like curdled milk... And yes, I did drink milk today and it was the last thing in my tummy. I am guessing the lactose intolerance thing is the cause. 

It was awful! Violent heaving, foaming at the mouth, and my throat is sore very now. 

I hope it's only that... Shame, I've always been a milk lover. It's my favourite drink... No issues over the last 8 weeks, and now it appears I might have to give it up. 

I hope that never happens to me again! 

jaxie77
on 12/24/14 9:59 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey doll , sorry to hear that :(  Are you lactose intolerant ? Or you just thinking maybe ?Hope not .....It may well just have been a one off . I guess you'll know after another few tries . Theres nothing worse than throwing up with that horrible nausea feeling before hand . Had it last week the night I got home from hospital . Just dry heaves but it's such a horrible feeling . And leaves you so weak . 

Anyway , hope you feel better doll . And I hope you are enjoying Christmas Eve ....maybe with a certain someone ....??  

Wishing you lovely Christmas and New year ! It's gonna be a good one for ya ! can feel it in my bones 

Jax xx

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/14 1:22 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

No, I never have been, but I guess you can become LT after surgery, so I am thinking maybe that may be what happened... Not sure at this point! But yes, weak, I spent most afternoon in bed...

Tonight, nope, last night yes, and we're actually spending Christmas Evening together. 

Thank you lovely lady! It is going to be a beautiful year for you also, I can feel it too!! xoxoxo 

Zizzler
on 12/24/14 10:15 pm

Lots of stuff can make us throw up. Eating too fast/not chewing enough, eating too much (easy to do), sugar/carbs, fat, introducing new foods, raw veggies and other hard foods.  Plus there are some food that just do not sit well.  For me so far only fried eggs seem to give me trouble.  If it is the milk then try lactose-free milk, unsweetened almond milk, soy milk, etc.  There is an unsweetened chocolate almond breeze that is really nice heated up, tastes like hot chocolate/chocolate milk, would highly recommend.  I add a drop or 2 of sucralose (EZ-Sweetz brand). Hope you feel better soon, I know it sucks.

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 9:05 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thanks! It seemed to subside fairly quickly, thankfully. 

msmuggins
on 12/25/14 12:00 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I'm sorry to hear this, Jen!  Hopefully it was just your pouch having a bad day.  Hope you're doing better now and enjoying the holidays (with your special someone ).

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 9:06 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thanks lady! I hope so, although I keep staring at my milk in the fridge, and craving it, yet afraid to attempt it again so soon... Maybe in a few weeks.

Hope your christmas was wonderful! xo

Ivanova8
on 12/26/14 3:42 am - Toronto, Canada

Oh darn.  And it took 8 weeks to discover it too.  Awful. I guess this is why they call it a weight loss journey.  =(  

I hope you're feeling better.  Here's to hoping it's the last time!  

GP Referral June 2014 / Orientation Sept 2014 / Social Worker Oct 2014 / 1st Nurse Oct 2014 / Psych Oct 2014 / NUT Class & Dietitian Nov 2014 / 2nd Nurse Nov 2014 /Surgeon Consult Dec 2014 / Surgery Jan 12, 2015

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 9:07 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thank you! I am feeling much better.

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday!

Most Active