What are you eating/doing today ( Christmas Eve)

birdiegirl
on 12/23/14 5:24 pm

RNY  5 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

I am sure I have eaten over 2500 calories each day the past week.  I have begun my day with a plan and sabotaged myself by mid afternoon or so   ...however such is life - Yesterday I stress ate 8 chocolates in about 3 minutes for 640 calories - and of course felt ill until they passed thru my system. 

Boxing day cant come fast enough!...lol

So - following is my 'plan' for today - however it may get worse and I am not over worrying it.   For the record - my first Christmas post wls ( 9 months) I was a saint as I was in my losing phase and didn't want to screw anything up.

STEPS - 8650

EATS

B #1 - 4:30 A.M. - Coffee and Premier protein shake - I am so glad I am in the habit of beginning the day with a hefty dose of protein - seems to protect me from RH too. 

B # 2 - 9 A.M.  Bacon sandwich

L - Bagel with cream cheese out with family

D - Out to a great steak house tonight - my fav

1 piece of hot garlic bread

few bites of caesar salad

4 oz beef tenderloin

bite or two of veg

glass of merlot

bite of my DH's dessert

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,953,  Carbs - 192 Grams,  Fat - 563Grams,  Protein - 107 Grams

All water and vits - I never screw around with this!

Have a great one - Merry Christmas

Karen M.
on 12/23/14 8:16 pm, edited 12/23/14 8:37 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

Got a ****ton of stuff accomplished yesterday (what a freakin' relief!) so just a couple of errands to run today, have to wrap Andrew's gifts, and finish off some house *stuff* - other domestic goddess duties as assigned.  We have decided to stay in tonight instead of the usual running around and have perogies/bacon/onion/sour cream on the dinner menu - huge "treat" for me as I very rarely eat carb-heavy meals. They'll likely do me in so I expect it'll be an early night. lol  To compensate, my eating plan will be extra protein forward prior to dinner - might as well salvage most of the day. ;)  I will also be having a Girradeli egg nog chocolate (just one, I only have one LOL).

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake alongside my morning coffee

S - ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (3)

L - 4 oz tuna salad, mixed greens with white balsamic & honey vinegar

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - 3 perogies with sautéed bacon and onions, a little sour cream for dipping, maybe a couple of bites of Caesar salad (more like probably, I'll have to see how the perogies are sitting)

S - coffee or tea or both, 1 Girradeli (sp?) egg nog white chocolate

Happy Christmas!

Karen :)

Edited to add: Plugged it in to myfitnesspal: Calories - 1602, Protein - 118g, Carbs - 83g, Fat - 94g

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 12/23/14 9:28 pm

Good morning everyone.  Barb I am sorry that you have been a little of the rails with your eating.  Hopefully you can get back on track when the holidays are over.  All that being said, Karen the thought of Ghirardelli (it's the spelling my computer corrected to) in eggnog is driving me crazy, and white chocolate is taking me completely around the bend.  I have developed a sweet tooth and these special Christmas treats are all calling my name (Turtles cheesecake edition).  

No swimming today, just wrapping some presents and household drudgery.  DH is taking me out for lunch to our local Chinese restaurant, I a may have a few bites of our favourite, but fill up on something healthier.

5 months post op

B. Decaf coffee, poached egg, veggie breakfast patties, a little Hollandaise to help it slide down

S. more decaf

L. few bites of Hunan crispy shrimp, hot and sour soup, some broccoli

S. might not need one if I have a nap

D. leftover Chinese

S. big mug of Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate

have a great day.   

birdiegirl
on 12/23/14 10:32 pm

It OK...don't be sorry - I know this will pass and I will be back at it soon enough.

Already ditched the bacon sandwich - still full from yesterday.....bought some veggie sushi wraps for my lunch instead of the bagel....

kellybelly333
on 12/23/14 11:21 pm - Toronto, Canada

Can I have the bacon sandwich you ditched!???!!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Zizzler
on 12/24/14 1:05 am

You changed your hair, you look really different.  It suits you well but at first I was wondering who the new person was.  Lol

kellybelly333
on 12/24/14 1:09 am - Toronto, Canada

LOL...lots of people have been wondering who this new person was for almost 4 years!! Red for Christmas :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Zizzler
on 12/24/14 11:22 am

Very nice, its always amazing how hair colour can change a person's look.  Wish you a merry Christmas!

Patm
on 12/23/14 9:34 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I woke up at 2:00am this morning thinking of the things I forgot to do. I thought I was so organised. Fortunately an hour later I managed to go back to sleep. Except for picking up the cleaning I should be able to do everything on my walk with the dog. My son and his girlfriend and my daughter are coming for dinner and staying over. It will be great to have them all together. I hope I do not fall asleep. We will be going to the candle service at 10:00pm tonight.

I have included some ice cream in my dinner. This is a special treat and I will skip the squares I will serve with it. Most ice cream makes me sick because of the additives so it is full fat hagen daz. If I am going to splurge it might as well be for something worthwhile.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

l 2 sl ham, sl cheese, yogurt

s cheese and a couple of crackers

d stew with cheese pastry crust (will probably not have the crust), salad, ice cream

s coffee to stay awake

cal 1096, carb 89.7, prot 64.8

Zizzler
on 12/23/14 10:02 pm

Had a caramel chocolate yesterday and my pouch has been *****y ever since.  Lots of churning and gurgling, way more than normal.  Tonight I will be having a special meal with family, will sample a tiny bit of everything but most will be meat and veg. And no chocolates, just the thought makes me feel sick after yesterday.

4 months post-op

b - premier protein shake

s - xl decaf coffee, half a premier protein bar

l - lentils and onions

s - handful of almonds

d - cold cuts, cheese, pickles, sausage, salad, a little potato salad, mustard, 

s - decaf tea or coffee, couple of bites of homemade shortbread cookie

all vits and water

Most Active