Ugh...(For the ladies only)

NorthernStar
on 12/21/14 12:55 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Ugh, that really sucks. I remember being first post-op and bleeding heavily for 2 weeks. It was awful. I think to some degree this is normal as your body changes, but as always check it out with your centre or doc if you're concerne.d

Glad to hear about your blossoming relationship as well! I hope this is a good change for you. And not to be "that vet" but this may be a good time to re-evaluate your birth control options as the pill is no longer a good choice and you NEED a backup! ;)

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/14 1:04 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

LOL - We've only just shared kisses. But yes, I did think about that! Thank you. Hahaha

NorthernStar
on 12/21/14 1:11 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Just thinking ahead!! LOL

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Pegasus_AM
on 12/21/14 7:10 am

eeeeeewwwwwwwww twice in one month yuck !!!!!! I feel for you that really sucks !!! As women we have enough to deal with having your period twice in one month that is just not fair lol !!! I am not looking forward to that. On the up side Hope the nice man stays a nice man and continues to be an amazing man Merry Christmas to you :-)

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/14 11:09 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I know, its TERRIBLE!!! 

And thank you! you have a Merry Christmas also!

need_to_run_81
on 12/22/14 4:17 am

Eek!  The new romance thing is so exciting!  I miss that feeling!  I hope you're able to enjoy fully!  

As as for your period coming twice this month, that's crappy!  I'm so sorry!  It doesn't sound like a great side effect to me - so I'm going to hope I skip that one come the spring.

I recently switched to the Diva Cup...  It totally weirded me out at first, but my post babies periods have been insane.  I'm 33, and my periods have always been consistent, but they're long (and post pregnancy SUPER HEAVY).  So a friend suggested the cup. I went from 7 days to 4 days long, and from changing a super absorbancy every 2-3 hours to emptying my cup 3-4 times a day the first day, to 2 times a day the last 3 days.  And the cramping is better too, so that's a huge perk.  It's not for everyone, it weirded me out at first, but I'm happy now I made the change. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/14 12:14 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I will look into that, I'll admit, it does weird me out a bit...  But I'll try anything to make them easier.

I did hear that after about three months post op our periods become the easiest they've ever been, abd that this cramping and forever heavy flow I'm now experiencing stops... I hope so! I cannot believe I'm still on it, as if it were day 1. Ugh.. 

Hanneli xoxo
on 12/22/14 9:41 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I had period problems too post op and elected to have a vaginal hysterectomy at 14 months post op. best decision since WLS lol.. seeing as I had no desire to have more children (mine are 19 and 22!) and I am single and could care less to menstruate lol. Good luck keeping the monster at bay!

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/14 3:37 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Not sure I'm ready to go that extremes with it! I know I'm likely getting up there in age, but I've got no children, and well you never know! But man, as each day passes and my marathon period has yet to end, I'm considering all options! What a nightmare. It's still not showing any signs of stopping... 

Freshlila
on 12/23/14 9:15 pm

LOL as I read this I giggled not because I am evil but because...IT HURTS TO BAD😭😭😭 I've NEVER been regular and now I got my period TWICE this month too!!!!!! And ALL these pains are new to me! I feel like I'm drowning in my own pool. Gross sorry, but thanks for sharing I feel better geez

ALSO heck yah you go girl, mr.man knows a good catch when he sees one! He's going to snatch you up!

Most Active